Steve Harris

I didn't know who you were talking about and checked it out : there is a certain likeness, but the guy still got hair on his head and he looks slim :D.

Reactions: Yax
I think One Direction are a modern, inferior "Backstreet Boys". Or something like that. :D

I saw a kind of advertising for them in cinema. Terrific ! Handsome singers, hundreds of young girls going nuts, huge show, terrible music :puke:.

Last edited:
Not exactly : handsome and incredibly talented bassplayer, the four guys who play with him, (a very few) hundreds of old (bald and rather fat) lads going nuts and GREAT MUSIC.
10 days before seeing the man again :rocker:.

I hope it will. I've done everything to ensure my stay will be great : an hostel just next to Saint-Pancras Int. and the venue so that the subway strike doesn't bother me, two whole days to visit the British Museum and a late train from London to be able to wait for Harry to sign the picture I had taken with him in Paris last year.

I really hope they have time to record another album in the next few months. That's hoping Steve has some time off between promoting Book of Souls and the planned tour. It's been three years since the first one was released next month, and it starts to feel like if it doesn't happen now Steve will be busy for another 2 years with Maiden once they start to tour.

The six songs that we've heard ("The Burning", "Last Chance", "Spitfire", "Bible Black", "Father Lucifer" and "Guineas and Crowns") are all great, with "Last Chance" and "Bible Black" as my personal favourites.

All really good songs, better than some on the first album imo. When I was searching for the new edition of Metal Hammer today I ended up picking up a copy of Kerrang! for their review of BL at Harlow on July 29. They have a brief interview with Steve, and he says they do want to make a new album.

Hard to say how that one reads. I watched the video interview, and didn't get any wiser. The only thing I gather is that they haven't actually made any plans yet, which I would have hoped they had, somewhat.

Saw Steve yesterday in Norwich.
I knew he was on tour, but I hadn't actually heard any of the album and wasn't interested in hearing it, so wasn't planning on going. A friend asked if I wanted to go, tickets were only £15 and he even offered to drive so I thought 'why not'.

I'm really glad I did. It was a small venue so it was very intimate. You were very close to the band and felt like if Steve was looking at you, you had to go nuts!
The songs were solid, a lot were very catchy. I preferred the faster, heavier songs, particularly Spitfire.

I would definitely go and see them again if they were to tour at some point in the future!

Oh, and the support band (I think they were called The Wild Guys?) were pretty damn good too!

Oh, and the support band (I think they were called The Wild Guys?) were pretty damn good too!

The Wild Lies. Adrian's son Dylan plays bass in that band, if I'm not mistaken. And Steve's son George is one of the guitarplayers in Raven Age. And besides that, Michael Kenney is keyboardplayer/bass tech and Tony Newton does the sound for both bands, so yeah. Maiden - one big happy family?

Glad you enjoyed the show by the way.

Just returned home after the British Lion gig in London. I had two wonderful days despite the rain. I arrived at the venue at 4 pm, expecting the area round the O2 Academy to be packed with fans. Actually, there were 5 of them... So I could get my stuff signed by all the band members expect Harry, and had a quick chat with Mickael Kenney. I was at the very front row during the gig and had, as always, a wonderful moment. Harry has watched his son's concert from the balcony, covering his ears during all gig. Then, after a very short wait, BL hit the stage. The atmosphere was just crazy. I was just one a two meters away from the man and he clearly enjoyed every minute of the show. They are more and more heavy, although, for a reason I ignore, they have slowed down a particular song (These are the Hands). 45 minutes after the gig (an interval during which Rod Smalwood showed up), Harry came and signed our stuff, had pictures taken. I was able to go twice, with the bodyguard's approval, so I was delighted. I've met quite a lot of fans from all over the world (Italians, Brazilian, Romanian, French, German, Poles...), which made the experience even more pleasant. I am the happpiest man in the world (maybe with Nation Acrobat, considering his post :p). Harry rules !

Glad you both enjoyed it! Yes, These Are The Hands has been slowed down. I believe they used to play it too quickly live, and it sounded a bit rushed and messy.

I must have forgot to check this thread in the middle of all new album discussions @harrisdevot, but great to hear you enjoyed it!

As for "These Are The Hands", that song was recorded in an awkward tempo, and they sped it up way too much when they played it live so it was great to hear they had sorted that out. I really thought they played it at an ideal tempo during this tour.

This was posted in the Bruce-thread, but it probably has some relevance here too:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ir...-has-demoed-six-songs-for-solo-concept-album/

Bruce basically says his next possible solo album probably wouldn't come out until 2018 at the earliest. I really, really hope there's more urgency than that in the British Lion camp. Iron Maiden isn't going to tour until next spring, so I hope they have time to record album #2 in the meantime.

Back