Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The Clansman

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • The Educated Fool

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Don’t Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
It’s true, I think “Afraid To Shoot Strangers”, “Fear Of The Dark”, “Sign Of The Cross”, and “The Clansman” are all wildly overrated.

I definitely agree on The Clansman being wildly overrated, but the other threes songs are top drawer material.

I definitely agree on The Clansman being wildly overrated, but the other threes songs are top drawer material.
ATSS starts as a nice lullaby that runs on too long and morphs into a bland instrumental. FOTD is a by-the-numbers “epic” with cringey lyrics that doesn’t really hold a candle to similar efforts from the 80s or 00s. SOTC has a solid verse and chorus before lumbering through another overlong bland instrumental. And the studio version of “The Clansman” is a train wreck with a literal one-note chorus.

But yes, I’m fully aware that my opinion on these things is in a tiny minority.

With the exception of From Here To Eternity, The Angel And The Gambler, Don't look To The Eyes Of A Stranger (a trio of utter crap) and The Assassin, The Fugitive or to a certain degree even Childhoods End (ok songs but somehow half baked) the remainder of the tunes on this list go from great to say the least to amazing tracks ( like Afraid To Shoot Strangers, The Clansman, The Educated Fool, Mother Russia, Fortunes Of War). But there's one tune that's clearly above all others in this list as far as I'm concerned and it's not even close: Sign Of The Cross.

Back