Votes: 7 14.3%
  • The Educated Fool

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Don’t Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
So, which 'Arry-only song from this magnificent era do you like best (and for the doubters: at the moment) ?

Looking forward to your contributions!

In case you live in Berlin: You get to choose from this small quality menu (the ingredients were taken from this place):

No Prayer For The Dying
Afraid To Shoot Strangers
The Aftermath
The Educated Fool

Now this one was a toughie.  I went for Sign Of The Cross,  basically because I've always liked their religion oriented songs,  and the whole atmosphere this song creates is absolutely amazing.

I also went for SOTC, i'm playing X Factor a lot these days. Nevertheless, all songs of the list are great indeed.

Forostar said:
In case you live in Berlin: You get to choose from this small quality menu (the ingredients were taken from this place):

No Prayer For The Dying
The Aftermath
The Educated Fool

The Educated Fool. No doubt, hands down, no contest. Never was, never will be. From Maiden's entire discography, maybe three other songs can compete.

I went with the stereotypical choice of Fear of the Dark.  Fortunes of War and The Clansman are phenomenal songs, but Fear of the Dark rules everything by sheer live atmosphere.  And I'm talking about the "Real Dead One" version recorded in Helsinki, as the studio version is a lot weaker IMO.

I still remember the first time I played it. I find it an emotional track, especially the ARLO version.
Those guitar melodies (for the first time: not harmonies), with nice rhythmic bass underneath, always make something loose. The sudden fast part really strikes well. Later on, these melodies return, but as most of you probably know, they are slighty different. But still they contain this great feel. Let's hope Maiden will play it again.

Hmm, Fear of the Dark or The Clansman? Tough one this, but then again I can say that I rate The Angel and the Gambler just as highly, so how do I vote?

Only because Fear of the Dark and (possibly) The Clansman are going to get a few votes, I'll tick the box for The Angel and the Gambler. :D

*sigh* Another tough one. But I really love Don't look...

so yeah, thats where my vote went. As for the reason why, I guess its the chord progression, it just really gets to me, makes me want to sing along and rock out.

Sign of the Cross

I love atmosphere, the lyrics, the vocal melodies in the verses and the instrumental parts, basically the whole song.  :)

Afraid to Shoot Strangers for me, i just love that song, second is Sign of the Cross and third is The Clansman

So many great songs (like NPFTD, ATSS, SOTC, JOH, The Clansman,...), but my favorite is ''Fear Of The Dark''.

Fear of the Dark, I wouldn't mind if they gave it a rest for a tour, but otherwise, it's obviously one of Maiden's biggest hits. SOTC and ATSS up there as well.

Back