Steve Harris Quote

A

Anonymous

When Steve and Dave are beeing interviewed, the interviewer tells him about getting rid of Dennis or got rid of him and Steve says "Well yeah a little bit later" or "a little bit like that"
???

Sorry I'm from Venezuela and my English is not that good to understand people from England, kind of hard.

October 11th 1985 is the date on that video.

Are they refering to this lineups?

IRON MAIDEN - Mid '77
=====================
Steve Harris - Bass
Barry Graham (Thunderstick) - Drums
Dennis Wilcock - Vocals
Dave Murray - Guitar

IRON MAIDEN - Mid '77
=====================
Steve Harris - Bass
Dave Murray - Guitar

If so the qoute it's provably "a little bit like that"... Can you help me out?

I think they are referring to Dennis Stratton who was on the first Iron Maiden album, but was kicked shortly afterwards. So the first quote would make sense.

Welcome to the board, morgue!

No, "a little bit later" could make sense depending on the context, as Dennis was kicked "a little bit later", i.e. shortly after "Iron Maiden" was released.

Stratton was booted just after "Women in Uniform" was released. The video (which he's barely in) is his last ever thing with Iron Maiden. Steve was mad because he wasn't hanging with the band (he partied with Kiss), and because he had tried some stuff with the song Phantom of the Opera that Steve considered against the way he wanted Maiden to sound.

So it's this lineup they are talking about

IRON MAIDEN - Jan '80
===============
Steve Harris - Bass
Dave Murray - Guitar
Dennis Stratton - Guitar
Clive Burr - Drums
Paul Di'Anno - Vocals

IRON MAIDEN - Oct '80
===============
Steve Harris - Bass
Dave Murray - Guitar
Adrian Smith - Guitar
Clive Burr - Drums
Paul Di'Anno - Vocals

And the date on the video I'm quoting Steve from it's October 11th 1985, so it's 5 years later after the lineup change... The quote can't be "a little bit later", more likely it's "a little bit like that".

is it mentioned in the 12 wasted years video? there´s an interview with steve & dave and i think they talk about it

I think that there's a mistake in this interview, made by the interviewer :

He ask them how did they meet : Steve says that Dennis heard Dave playing guitar and found he good : I think in this case he talks about Dennis Wilcock. But the inteviewer think he talks about Dennis Stratton, so he says that Dave has, sort of, replaced Dennis.

So Steve smiles, and says that's "a litlle bit like that", to close the discussion : it's too long to explain to this guy that he never heard about Dennis Wilcock and don't know anything about Maiden history : Dennis Stratton joins Maiden later than Dave : so he couldn't discover him !

Back