Steve harris annonces a possible end of Maiden after album number 15

Yax

Ancient Mariner
This is a Swedish interview I have translated. I'm sorry about that the qoutes are not entirely correct.

Not one single quarrel. Not even a slightest bickering. Iron Maidens’s new studioalbum “A matter of life and Death” is recorded and it’s been done faster than previous albumrecordings.
The explanation is simple. The atmosphere in the band is more peaceful than ever and everybody was really prepared for the recording. Or, as Steve 'Arry Harris says: “Nicko knew the songs much better this time.”

Fighted all the time

“All the other times we recorded an album I have always fighted with Nicko about the arrangement of the songs. This time, we didn’t fight at all and it made us worried. Something was wrong.” Says Steve Harris with a laugh. The drummer agrees, but he has a different explanation. “I think much of it depend of that I’ve been much more mature this time. I have though more of the songs, not what I rather play.”

It was all different when “Dance of Death” was recorded in 2003. Steve and Nicko had the usual arguments about the songs, but this time it got too far. “We were standing and screaming at each other. I was so angry that we almost got into a fistfight.”

A few hours later, Steve Harris reveals the meaning behind the albumtitle . “Six or seven songs has something to to with religion and war. Religion has caused the humanity mor death, pain and suffering than anything else. And we don’t seem to learn from it.Unbelivable.”

A life after Maiden

But despite the albumtitle, and the band well known loyalty to the fans, It doesn’t refer to the band itself. The band feel great, but the bassman is still not sure about the future of Iron Maiden.
“Even from the beginning, I have said that Maiden will make 15 studioalbums. In that case, it’s only one left and it makes me sad.”
But then he continues:”There’s a life after from Maiden. There’s so much I want to do that I havn’t got the time for. Of course, I would miss the band but there’s no reason living in the past. I know we’d make a lot of people upset if we quit. But the day we no longer want to do this, it’s over.”

Iron Maiden is a matter of life and death. But not to every cost.

Edit: I just realized, that in my depression I spelled the topictitle wrong. Could someone moderate it please?

:rolleyes: He "announces" nothing!

"Even from the beginning, I have said that Maiden will make 15 studioalbums. In that case, it’s only one left and it makes me sad"

what a load of bollocks! Of course... from the beginning he said they will make 15 albums... ridiculous, he NEVER said that. I believe the whole interview is made up

The disbanding of Iron Maiden has been a regular topic of discussion ever since the release of the Killers album. It keeps people busy...  :rolleyes:

TheTrooper666 said:
:rolleyes: He "announces" nothing!

"Even from the beginning, I have said that Maiden will make 15 studioalbums. In that case, it’s only one left and it makes me sad"

what a load of bollocks! Of course... from the beginning he said they will make 15 albums... ridiculous, he NEVER said that. I believe the whole interview is made up
How do you know he never said that? The interview did indeed take place, and those are the excact words of Steve Harris. http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/story/0,2789,845334,00.html

Though, I do agree with you that he does not announce the end of Maiden, he is merely stating that the band is moving towards its end. Nothing new to that.

Maverick said:
The disbanding of Iron Maiden has been a regular topic of discussion ever since the release of the Killers album. It keeps people busy...  :rolleyes:
Quite. Nothing new here. Needless to say, they won't go on forever and they have always maintained that should the audience, or indeed themselves, no longer enjoy it, then they will call it a day.

And then get paid billions to do a comeback tour after 5 years of absence. ;)

Hahahaha, very true, plenty of maiden still to come regardless. And don't forget a collection of "Lost" recordings hahaha.

Back