Spotify vs. Apple Music vs. Physical Copies YOU DECIDE!!!

Which is better?!?

• Apple Music

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YouTube

• Deezer

• Amazon Music

• Total voters
Physical, it's the true way to enjoy the music, I prefer vinyls to cds, because at the same time I'm listening the music I enjoying looking the artwork and innersleeve.
I have CDs and I buy them because I have a large collection but I don't have the cd player.
When I'm working I usually listen spotify in the background, classical music or soft Jazz playlists, I tried Apple music but it's a little bit complex. Youtube to search for an album or watch some gig or clip.
Old ipod in the street.

I mostly use YT (and Spotify when I don’t know specifically what I want), and if I really really like an album, I get the CD or vinyl.

Spotify has shite tags and you can't upload your own music, and first of all, it's not available in Serbia.

Apple Music and iPod/iPhone stuff is too restrictive and only being able to upload through iTunes is shite.

Physical copies are cool but I don't have a stereo or space for CD's at the moment.

Google Play Music lets you upload and download and change tags very easily, it's my favorite.

YouTube is only for individual songs.

Never tried Deezer.

Amazon Music is not available here.

I’m pretty much all in on streaming at this point. I buy CDs sometimes, mostly for completion sake with bands that I have full or almost full discographies. But even then I’ve dropped off a bit. For example I still don’t have the new Dream Theater on CD, just vinyl. Vinyl is usually the way I go if I want to buy a physical copy. Better artwork, more of a complete/immersive experience, sometimes better sound. With CDs I tend to rip and forget, so I might as just stream them.

Of course there’s an ethical problem with streaming services not properly paying artists, but I hope one day a streaming platform emerges that’s by the artists. Right now I’m using Spotify but Apple Music seems increasingly appealing. I have google play music for the ability to upload but it’s a bit too glitchy for me.

Anyways I usually like to buy CD’s and I buy vinyl copies of my favorite albums. I mainly use Apple Music. It’s very convenient.
This is the same for me. I use Apple Music and YouTube to explore new (to me) music. If there is an album I really like after previewing it on those platforms, I will usually buy a physical copy. In part to reward/support the artist, particularly new or lesser-known artists who aren't wealthy, but mostly just because I like having the physical product.

Spotify. I'd othetwise pick physical copies, but I rarely have an opportunity to listen to them. Also, Spotify has helped me to discover so many artists.

Physical -> Rip to high-quality MP3 -> Sync to high capacity phone. My whole collection in my pocket all the time, no network required, physical backup permanently available.

I collect CD's and tend to acquire the discography of bands which I get into, usually I find a new band or two each year and over the next 12 months I acquire their studio albums in hard copy. Albums which I really enjoy or find cheap I get on Vinyl. I upload all CD's to my computer and then further sync that to mobile devices. If I'm at home I listen to either vinyl copies or use my blue tooth speaker from mobile. Very rarely do my CDs get played

Physical -> Rip to high-quality MP3 -> Sync to high capacity phone. My whole collection in my pocket all the time, no network required, physical backup permanently available.

I rip to FLACs for my stereo system. Then to MP3s for the phone

Back