Spore - The Best Computer Game Ever?

Looks interesting. I'm still watching the film but it reminds me of a little older game called EVO. Except for that in EVO you start out of a fish and it's a little older.

Edit: I've now finished the film. It seems Spore has a lot more things than EVO has, except for the evolving part it's all different.

[!--quoteo(post=130875:date=Mar 5 2006, 09:22 PM:name=Real World)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Real World @ Mar 5 2006, 09:22 PM) [snapback]130875[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Has anyone seen this? From the creator of the Sims. Looks pretty cool to me. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=83...0559198&q=spore

Or maybe if thats not up your street have any of you played this yet? http://www.guitarherogame.com/ Still waiting for it to come out in the UK but it looks like the most rockin game ever ::
[/quote]

Spore does look good, I read about it a while back [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=130875:date=Mar 5 2006, 09:22 PM:name=Real World)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Real World @ Mar 5 2006, 09:22 PM) [snapback]130875[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Has anyone seen this? From the creator of the Sims. [/quote]

See, to me, Will Wright is still the genius behind the SimCity games. :: I loved those things, starting with Simcity 2000 back in the mid-1990's. I have SimCity 3000 and 4 as well, and they're just as awesome. IMO, some of the best computer games ever, along with Half-Life, Morrowind, and Myst. I can't stand The Sims though, as much as I like games like Harvest Moon (which runs along similar lines, but is more of an RPG-style game).

If Spore is more similar to SimCity than The Sims, I'll love it. Either way, I'm curious about it.

That's a list of quality games there, though I didn't care for Half-Life or Morrowind so much as I did Myst and the sequels. I've had every SimCity from the first one to 4, and I agree...the Sims is disappointing.

Has anyone seen this? From the creator of the Sims. Looks pretty cool to me.
[/quote]
*Yawn* These types of video games don't interest me, I'm sorry. Not enough action or mindless killing. even with any game I usually get bored after half an hour. ::

Even if I wanted to play those games, I couldn't because my computer is not fast enough....:\

I was planning to buy a laptop soon, so that might not be a problem anymore [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

Blah....the only games worth playing are the Age of Empires/Age of Mythology series from Microsoft/Ensemble.

But what do I know?

Wow, haven't heard anything of this game. Looks pretty cool! I want to consume other cells!

My favourite PC game ever was Deus Ex: The Conspiracy. Second one sucked big time though.

[!--quoteo(post=131018:date=Mar 7 2006, 02:41 AM:name=IronDuke)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IronDuke @ Mar 7 2006, 02:41 AM) [snapback]131018[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Blah....the only games worth playing are the Age of Empires/Age of Mythology series from Microsoft/Ensemble.

But what do I know?
[/quote]
Next time we hang out, we're having a Myst marathon. I guarantee you'll love the games.

[!--quoteo(post=130984:date=Mar 6 2006, 10:52 PM:name=Conor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Mar 6 2006, 10:52 PM) [snapback]130984[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
*Yawn* These types of video games don't interest me, I'm sorry. Not enough action or mindless killing.
[/quote]

You just don't have enough sick imagination. Torturing a Sim is a fine art. You can lock him up in a prison cell with nothing to eat, have him vegetate around in a house that is not cleaned up, sell all showers, bathtubs and sinks, and from the first expansion pack on, you could buy him a painting of a crying clown. Whenever your Sim felt bad, the clown would come around and make him feel worse, as he deprived him of any sleep, prevented him from bathing and showering, and in general would be a complete pest. This was particularly funny when your Sim got a child and had little sleep in the first place. The Sim would eventually be in such a bad mood that he wouldn't even want to go to work anymore. He got fired and had no income anymore. The clown would stick around, so the Sim would never recover and eventually die a slow and painful death.

[!--quoteo(post=130965:date=Mar 6 2006, 08:18 PM:name=LooseCannon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Mar 6 2006, 08:18 PM) [snapback]130965[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
That's a list of quality games there, though I didn't care for Half-Life or Morrowind so much as I did Myst and the sequels.[/quote]

Morrowind I can understand, but you don't care for Half-Life?

[!--quoteo(post=131018:date=Mar 7 2006, 02:41 AM:name=IronDuke)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IronDuke @ Mar 7 2006, 02:41 AM) [snapback]131018[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[/quote]

I'd agree with Age of Empires 1 & 2 and the expansions for both, but Age Of Mythology was rubbish, as was AoE 3.

[!--quoteo(post=131022:date=Mar 7 2006, 05:57 AM:name=Mario88)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Mario88 @ Mar 7 2006, 05:57 AM) [snapback]131022[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
My favorite PC games ever are Counter-Strike, and Guild Wars.
[/quote]

Counter-Strike YES, but Guild Wars? I'd never get caught playing games like that online

[!--quoteo(post=131020:date=Mar 7 2006, 06:26 AM:name=TheWickedChild)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(TheWickedChild @ Mar 7 2006, 06:26 AM) [snapback]131020[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Wow, haven't heard anything of this game. Looks pretty cool! I want to consume other cells!

My favourite PC game ever was Deus Ex: The Conspiracy. Second one sucked big time though.
[/quote]

Is Deus Ex-The conspiracy any diferent than the original Deus Ex, or is it just the name given for the game on PS2?

BTW, Deus Ex is my favourite game ever, and Deus Ex 2 was pretrty good to, although it starts off kind of low (especially due tot he differences between Deus Ex 1 and 2)

[!--quoteo(post=131058:date=Mar 7 2006, 03:52 PM:name=dogigniter)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(dogigniter @ Mar 7 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]131058[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Counter-Strike YES, but Guild Wars? I'd never get caught playing games like that online
[/quote]

His favourite games, not yours.

I personally think Counter-Strike is a boring piece of crap, and it's only fun when you get drunk and use stupid player names. But that doesn't mean I think you shouldn't play it.

I have to say that Counter Strike Source has to be my favourite online game of all time (Star Wars Battlefront 2 being next in line), I love RTS games too (Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2, and Star Wars: Galactic Battleground) anyone there play Star Wars Empire At War? Can't get enough of the demo and just need to sort out money before I can actually buy the game [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":(\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sad.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=131088:date=Mar 7 2006, 07:27 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Mar 7 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]131088[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
His favourite games, not yours.

I personally think Counter-Strike is a boring piece of crap[/quote]

I've never understood the hype of CS honestly, nor the laughable amount of respect given to online gaming in general. And of course MMORPGs. To me, they're nothing but glorified chat rooms, but that's just my opinion. (I'm sure someone is going to hunt me down for that comment)

NP: Averse Sefira - Condemned To Glory

Not me. MMORPGs should be banned. They steal lives and kill people. I hate what they've done to some of my friends...turned them into broken husks of men. Of course, they were probably stupid anyway.

Well, I enjoy a good LAN of Call of Duty from time to time. Driving the jeeps while people are shooting at you is good fun, and especially when you're making the guy on the .50 cal sick from the constant turns and wheeling about.

[!--quoteo(post=131376:date=Mar 9 2006, 10:56 PM:name=LooseCannon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Mar 9 2006, 10:56 PM) [snapback]131376[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Not me. MMORPGs should be banned. They steal lives and kill people. I hate what they've done to some of my friends...turned them into broken husks of men. Of course, they were probably stupid anyway.
[/quote]

If my memory serves me, a friend of yours had his life taken over by World Of Warcraft and got 0 average on his term. Is that correct LC? These MMORPGs show how weak we can become when we get too dependent on something. Okay, I've done enough with my ranting.

NP: Esoteric - At War With The Race

Back