Song vs Song

Leather Rebel. Not my favourite on the album, but then I absolutely love that album ...

Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance vs Megadeth - Peace Sells

The Longest Day.

Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name vs Black Sabbath - Paranoid

An overplayed epic vs an overplayed rocker?  Because I'm Finnish, I'm going to say Paranoid.  (Credit to anyone who knows why)

Iron Maiden - Powerslave vs Iced Earth - Prophecy

Powerslave.

Now for another two great war-related songs:

Iced Earth - Hold At All Costs vs Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls

Btw, Black_Thunder91: Enjoy (If you don't like how Rob's vocals sound in this recording, check out the album version)

Yeah, that part is great. A certain Maiden song remains me of this as well; Listen to Fates Warning. Any chance Dave and 'Arry had been listening to Vengeance before they wrote it? I think so.

Eddies Wingman said:
Powerslave.

Now for another two great war-related songs:

Iced Earth - Hold At All Costs vs Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls

Btw, Black_Thunder91: Enjoy (If you don't like how Rob's vocals sound in this recording, check out the album version)

I did not heard that.

From Whom Bell Tolls

Holy Diver vs Until it Sleeps (Ronnie James Dio vs Metallica)

Black_Thunder94 said:
I did not heard that.

You mean you hadn't heard the song before, or that you didn't hear the difference between Rob's vocals on the recording I linked to and his vocals on the studio version?

By the way, I choose "Holy Diver".

Dio - "Rainbow in the Dark" vs Iron Maiden - "Rainbow's Gold (Beckett cover)"

Rainbow In The Dark.

Since i don't have inspiration, i'll pass the question.

Eddies Wingman said:
You mean you hadn't heard the song before, or that you didn't hear the difference between Rob's vocals on the recording I linked to and his vocals on the studio version?

By the way, I choose "Holy Diver".

Dio - "Rainbow in the Dark" vs Iron Maiden - "Rainbow's Gold (Beckett cover)"

I did not heard Rob singing in "Fade to Black".

Back in Black.

Dance of Death (Iron Maiden) vs Dance Mascabre (Cradle of Filth)

Dance of Death, easily. I don't like Cradle of Filth.

But where do you get the idea that I was talking about "Fade to Black"? I linked to a performance of "Screaming for Vengeance", and mentioned that Rob Halford was singing it differently from the album version and that the album version was worth checking out for comparison. Nothing to do with Fade to Black.

Now, choose between:

AC/DC: You Shook Me All Night Long vs Kiss: Rock And Roll All Night.

Oh, I didn't see link with "Enjoy" :D, sorry... :D

AC/DC

Hallowed be thy Name (Iron Maiden) vs Hallowed be thy Name (Cradle of Filth)

Maiden's effort.

Megadeth - Into the Lungs of Hell v Metallica - Orion.

Good, Albie - now you made me look up a new song. Hadn't heard "Into the lungs of hell" before. Cool stuff!

However, Orion is a masterpiece and thus that is my choice.

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody vs Deep Purple - Child in Time

Eddies Wingman said:
Good, Albie - now you made me look up a new song. Hadn't heard "Into the lungs of hell" before. Cool stuff!
I agree that Orion is a masterpiece - and as an instrumental, has never been bettered by anyone, not even Suicide and Redemption can stand up to it - however, Megadeth's Into the Lungs... is absolutely sublime.

Ace of Spades.

I was going to do Creeping Death by either Metallica or Tigertailz - but I could not find a Youtube vid of them doing that, so I present instead:

Tigertailz - Ace of Spades v Motorheads version.

Tigertailz, if you don't know, where an 80's hair metal band from Wales that used to cover some really heavy stuff during their encores. I never saw them, I only read about it. :D

Back