Song vs Song

The Evil that Men Do.  Can't swear in Norwegian, unfortunately.  But here's another hard one:

Paschendale vs Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Invader said:
The Evil that Men Do.  Can't swear in Norwegian, unfortunately.  But here's another hard one:

Paschendale vs Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Do you know any Swedish? Many foul words are quite similar in Norwegian and Swedish  :p

For the choice of songs: 22 Acacia Avenue, easy choice.

Hooks In You vs From Here To Eternity

I'm afraid they don't teach swearwords at school for Swedish. ;)

From Here to Eternity

The Nomad vs Journeyman

Well, in Norwegian I can suggest the following (with English equivalents - not necessarily literal translations, but degree of foulnes):

Dæven - "holy shit". Literally it means "the devil" in a slightly modified writing, but it is used to express that you are surprised, scared or impressed - rarely used to express anger.

Pokker - "dammit". Not very harsh, it is usually used as a milder alternative to:

FAEN - equivalent to the F*** word in English, also derived from a word for the man with the horns

Then of course we have

HELVETE .- just a translation of Hell. On the funny side, I can add that the word "hell" in Norwegian means luck. I can also add that Hell is small place 30 km east of Trondheim, where I live. Trondheim Airport is located just 1 km from Hell and it has been suggested the airport changes name to Hell International Airport  :p  More funfacts, there is an actual place in Norway called "Helvete" as well - it's a place where some of Norway's deepest giant kettles are located. In the mountains some kilometres north of "Helvete" there is a place called "Himmerik" which means Heaven. There is an annual race from Helvete to Himmerik  :bigsmile:

Oh, I have made a big digression. I should pick a song.

The Nomad it is.

Ghost of the Navigator vs Rime of the Ancient Mariner

(yes, I like the sea)

Helvete is very close to the Finnish equivalent, helvetti.  But you can't have Hell international airport, Hel(l)sinki already has code HEL.  I've been on flight 656 HEL once (well, the number I can't remember exactly, it had two sixes though :D ). 

Rime of the Ancient Mariner beats Ghost of the Navigator hands down.

To Tame a Land vs Sign of the Cross

Alot of swearwords in Swedish have "skit" in it. "Jaeklar" and "jaevlar" in front of stuff always makes things more interesting (e.g. jaevla skit!). And of course there's the age-old "fan" which means what you think it means.

I chose The Number of the Beast.

The Aftermath vs. Judgement of Heaven

Hard to choose. The two best recordings from that record! Aarrgh!

TETMD features superb Nicko bassdrums, I guess I'll go for that one.

Judas Be My Guide vs The Prophecy

Back