Song for the SBIT Hstory tour part 2 in the future

Mysterio

Invader
So what songs do you think that Maiden will do on thier Second SBIT tour after the new CD comes out?  I have heard Audio clips of Bruse saying they would start from a Seventh son of a Seventh son.  Can Maiden actually get away without playing classic Maiden songs such as Run to the Hills/2minutes to midnight/# of the beast/Aces high?

I hope they play Tailgunner.

Mysterio

Re: Song for the SBIT Tour part two

Yea they can just look at the AMOLAD tour, some fans were pissed but it was still a huge success. I've olny herd rumors about a second leg, do you have a link to the audio clips by any chance?

Bruce said it on a interview with Eddie Trunk.  I don't have the link.  It was on itunes with a bunch of other podcasts.  My brother changed computers, so its lost in a sense at the moment.

Second leg?  By my count, we've had already 3 legs of that tour...

This is the very first I've heard of this.

Why skip the upcoming tour?

Shall we also discuss Adrian's stageclothes of 2016?

Forostar said:
Shall we also discuss Adrian's stageclothes of 2016?
Not exactly to do with stage-clothes, but fairly well linked - rumour has it that the mullet will return for the 2016 tour.

Let me start over, because I think I may have made an error in my original post.  In the interview with Bruce and Eddie Trunk.  Bruce said that when he joined the band again. 

He stated that Maiden had goals to achive.  So they put out AMOLAD, did the tour for that.  Took a break then work on SBIT tour.  Do a year or two of that.  Take another break then do a new Iron Maiden CD, tour for that. 

Then do another SBIT Focusing from 7th son to No Prayer to Fear of the Dark.  I don't know if they would include the Bayley years.  That was my understanding.

Mysterio

You mean the next "History" tour.

I guess what Mysterio labels "SBIT part 2" is what has been labeled "History part 3" in most speculations on the forums until now. Personally I don't have an idea what to expect of such a tour, regarding song selection. Most of Maiden's hits are from the 80s, and the number of songs they've played from the albums between SSOASS and BNW (not including the tours for those particular albums) isn't that great. Which songs are we talking about?

From NPFTD: Bring Your Daughter, Tailgunner (were any more played during the Fear of the Dark tour?)
From FOTD: Afraid to Shoot Strangers and the title track
From TXF: Sign of the Cross, Lord of the Flies (any more?).
From VXI: Futureal, The Clansman.

Even though these four albums could be said to constitute one era in Maiden's history, I don't think the band would be satisfied with playing a whole set of songs from these (or a set where they dominate).

And I see Perun beat me to the first point ...

Eddies Wingman said:
I guess what Mysterio labels "SBIT part 2" is what has been labeled "History part 3" in most speculations on the forums until now. Personally I don't have an idea what to expect of such a tour, regarding song selection. Most of Maiden's hits are from the 80s, and the number of songs they've played from the albums between SSOASS and BNW (not including the tours for those particular albums) isn't that great. Which songs are we talking about?

From NPFTD: Bring Your Daughter, Tailgunner (were any more played during the Fear of the Dark tour?)
From FOTD: Afraid to Shoot Strangers and the title track
From TXF: Sign of the Cross, Lord of the Flies (any more?).
From VXI: Futureal, The Clansman.

Even though these four albums could be said to constitute one era in Maiden's history, I don't think the band would be satisfied with playing a whole set of songs from these (or a set where they dominate).

And I see Perun beat me to the first point ...

Man On The Edge was also played (on the Ed Hunter Tour) :)

... and the VXI tour.

And Fortunes Of War was played probably only once at the beginning of the VXI-tour.

Who said they'll only be playing songs they've already played? They might be playing other songs as well, these are not the only good songs from these albums!

pilau said:
Who said they'll only be playing songs they've already played? They might be playing other songs as well, these are not the only good songs from these albums!

How's the record for that? When did they last play a "not played before" song except songs from their most recent album? I don't see that happening (although I would like them to).

OK, so two more TXF songs were played outside the X Factour (but only one with Bruce, though). Still think the next "history" tour will also contain many "hits".

Eddies Wingman said:
When did they last play a "not played before" song except songs from their most recent album?

If not mistaken: never.

Yes, never, but still - If it's not gonna be a history tour, why bother? I mean, we love Maiden and all, but hell - If you gonna do something, do it right for ****'s sake. Play the best songs from that era. The band should sit and decide which songs they want to play, excluding songs, even hits, not from that era. Otherwise they are making fools out of themselves to be honest.

I bet Maiden will do something special at their farewell tour. That would be the moment to break that rule.

I really hope so. Like breaking all of their habbits. Perhaps they'll make a giant one-timer hell of a show, like 5 hours straight of all their best songs with crazy pyrotechnics, the wackiest stage set ever with stunt doubles and everything, fireworks shooting, giant eddie-shaped blimps, a 5 times as large a set for Nicko, H playing three guitars simultaneously, Janick throws his guitar in the air and keeps playing it, an underwtaer drum solo, a flaming guitar solo by Davie, a flying man during Flight of Icarus, fighter-jets zooming over the crowd during Aces High, real nuclear bomb set off on 2 Minutes to Midnight, and the Devil summoned to sing along with Brucie on The Number of the Beast for the grand finale! Are you writing this? Are you?! We should start getting this running!

Back