Somewhere on Tour - Chicago, Sheffield, and Bristol

I tried to send this as feedback to the Iron Maiden Commentary, which has a huge and detailed list of bootlegs, but the email address provided on the site doesn't work.

I recently obtained "Chicago 87" and it is an audience recording, not a soundboard recording as listed.  And it doesn't sound anywhere near as good as "When it's Time to Rcok." 

That being said, I have Chicago 87 and a re-issue of When it's Time to Rock that I would trade for a soundboard recording of Chicago - if one even exists.  I'd also trade for the first night at Sheffield (either clone will do). 

Another question - The Greediness is listed a soundboard version of the same show as When it's Time to Rock.  I am very skeptical that it is a soundboard recording.  Can anyone verify that?  Is it still mastered from LP?

I have the 1987.03.11 Rosemont Horizon Chicago show, and it's a soundboard recording (it's better than 1986.10.08 Colston Hall Bristol show definetly, maybe not as loud, but way better in quality).

Here's a little sample converted in MP3 format, 3 megabytes big.

http://zare.jezgra.net/misc/rh-sample.mp3

I have the Sheffield first night, but it's in MP3 format, not lossless. I'll get the lossless version today or tommorow. If you want the Rosemont Horizon show i have, reply, and i'll be glad to upload it somewhere.

Cheers.

I was mistaken - my Chicago 87 is a soundboard.  The distortions on the low frequencies in the beginning and the constant phasy sound made me think it was audience - but it just has too much high frequency content to be audience.  But I'd very much like it if you'd upload the Sheffield show, if you would.  That's another that's been on my wishlist for some time.  Someday I'll try to sync the audio with the video for "Stranger in a Strange Land." 

I'll upload it as soon as i get the lossless format.

Someday I'll try to sync the audio with the video for "Stranger in a Strange Land."

Don't bother. It's not really the live video footage. Use a search here, you'll find interesting stuff. In any case, Maiden recorded that after the show. The Sheffield live SIASL is really uptempo. The synched video is more-less same tempo as studio stuff. In the bootleg, Bruce announces the song after it starts playing. On the video, you don't see him talking. I just now did a quick-check in Premiere, the promo video is not the real live footage with synched audio.

ManinIronMask said:
I tried to send this as feedback to the Iron Maiden Commentary, which has a huge and detailed list of bootlegs, but the email address provided on the site doesn't work.

The maintainer of the Commentary has left Maidenfans, and thus the Commentary is "read-only" now. Thanks for trying to contribute anyway. :)

Back