"Somewhere in Time" Eddie Glass Art(Framed Mirror?) - Rare?

A

Anonymous

Maybe a month or two ago, I this piece of painted glass art. Its Eddie off the Somewhere in Time cover, with Iron Maiden at the top, in their standard logo style with red lettering. Just the Maiden logo and futuristic Eddie on a black background. It looks like it was done with silk screening. I've looked all over the internet, and I can't find it anywhere. It was in a wooden frame with a cardboard backing, that I assume to be the originals. Printed on the cardboard AND on a sticker on the cardboard theres what I'm pretty sure are production numbers. I don't have them offhand, as I took it out of the frame, so I could strengthen the joints.

Anyone got any info on this? Just futuristic Eddie(straight off the Somewhere in Time cover) and the Maiden logo. I don't plan to part with it, since whether or not its a rarity, I still think its pretty damn cool, I'd just like to know what I've got.

I guess it might be considered one of those framed mirror things, but I'm not sure what its properly called.

My father was at a thrift store, and found it the bottom shelf of a rack. It was marked for a dollar, but he got it for 50 cents, since that color tag was half off that day.

The price, the colouring of the logo (as far as I know, all merchandise objects of that era were either with yellow outline or yellow filling, but certainly not white/red) and the entire description of the object as a whole sound rather fishy to me, so I'm willing to bet this isn't official.

Perun said:
The price, the colouring of the logo (as far as I know, all merchandise objects of that era were either with yellow outline or yellow filling, but certainly not white/red) and the entire description of the object as a whole sound rather fishy to me, so I'm willing to bet this isn't official.

The price doesn't mean much of anything, really, considering it was at a thrift store(Aka second-hand store). They rarely charge what anything is really worth at those. The rest I can't argue with, though, since I don't really have to much knowledge about stuff like that.

I'll try to post some pictures later tonight.

Back