Someone edits Senjutsu and posts it on YouTube

Well, this looks like something I would do..alhough I got no access to it!
Is it this channel?
1632836534804.png

Am I the only one this pisses off? I get it if you want to do this kind of thing for yourself but to take someone's final work, edit it and post it on YouTube seems disrespectful to me. It's OK to be critical of the album I get that. This kind of thing though really gets under my skin. Am I overreacting?

I don't think so.

Pisses me off just as much. I ranted about it here:

It's just like remix. Nothing more, nothing less - at least for me. If someone like to butcher songs - it's his life.

Doesn't piss me off because it's not like it's replacing the original or anything.

Listened for a few seconds, the title track is laughably too fast. Why is fast = automatically good? I don't get it.

Can't watch it as it appears restricted but I'm not against anyone remixing or editing existing music. The original will always remain there. Besides, there's definitely a few Maiden album I'd love to fan-edit.

I saw this last night, the only one I had access to was Stratego and all he'd done was sped it up a bit. It sounded crap, I suppose he was trying to make it sound more energetic but I don't think he succeeded.

I remember seeing the same thing when Priest's Firepower album was released, and Redeemer of Souls, actually. Thought it was stupid then and my opinion hasn't changed now. Whatever, it just makes me appreciate the original songs more.

Yeah but apparently it's been taken down everywhere except the U.S.
I can still see TWOTW and Stratego. I did not go through them but judging by the lengths they seem to be just a bit faster. Pointless move if you ask me. I did that in the past but kept it to myself.

I would never edit myself but I'm not against it to the degree some are. There are certain edits the band could do (e.g. splitting Satellite 15 and The Final Frontier) that I'd welcome with open arms.

That said, the one you've posted definitely isn't it. I pulled up a proxy, listened to their interpretation of the title track and was wholly unimpressed.

Can't watch it as it appears restricted but I'm not against anyone remixing or editing existing music. The original will always remain there. Besides, there's definitely a few Maiden album I'd love to fan-edit.

Yes, the original will always remain there, but I still think it's a serious attitude problem. You can't just reshape the world because you have some nitpicks with it. People have to accept that not everything is done according to how it should be in their head. Promoting edits like this is promoting this attitude.

I think if I tried editing my perceived flaws out of music to make it ‘perfect’ for my ears I’d eventually stop enjoying music and end up listening with a very joyless, critical ear, only seeing issues that I had to fix

I don’t edit books or films . You accept the creators vision for better or for worse. If you make everything pleasing for yourself then you’re taking the personality and perhaps even the art out of it.

So to quote Megadeth…’A little man with a big eraser, changing history’.

They should put the eraser down

I used a proxy to access the video.
Guy sped up songs, Parchment for at least 20%. I did not have patience to listen to his edits.

I listened to some songs at 1.25 speed on YT in past days,
Like any speed up it's a messy affair but stuff like Parchment sounds like 1986 Maiden energy with 2000s Maiden sound and arrangement, all artifacts and sonic problems of speeding up aside. If you're looking for a technological curiosity. But listening to album like this? boy has someone got some issues.

It potentially would be shown to people, thanks to algorithms, and may distract from the real work.
It's not even in the thousands of views. It won't make a dent in the algorithm, especially if people here stop giving it traffic if they're opposed to it.

Yes, the original will always remain there, but I still think it's a serious attitude problem. You can't just reshape the world because you have some nitpicks with it. People have to accept that not everything is done according to how it should be in their head. Promoting edits like this is promoting this attitude.
It's a bit of a stretch going from not having a problem with some fan-edits to reshaping the world. Plus who cares? Some guy sped up the album. Big deal.

Fan-edits are just a bit of fun and they NEVER hurt the bands. And besides, if it weren't for them we'd never have And Justice For Jason.

Back