Some Maiden songs a bit "slow" on CD??

Sign of the Cross is too slow on CD for me. It's one of my favourite songs but the Rock in Rio version is probably better because it's sped up.

I'm probably the only one here, but I like the mid-tempo version of Icarus more than the fast paced live one. I also really enjoy the harmony vocals during the chorus in the studio version.

I don't always like when Maiden speed up the tempo of songs... sometimes it can mar the song. A good example of this would be Running Free from the Maiden Japan release... WAY too fast. It's almost like they were rushing through it just to get it out the way.

Groteskfull said:
I'm probably the only one here, but I like the mid-tempo version of Icarus more than the fast paced live one. I also really enjoy the harmony vocals during the chorus in the studio version.

I agree. I really liked it better that way. And whenever Bruce harmonizes, it's enjoyable. ;D

But it sounds just fine sped up too. The song's pretty flexible in that way.

Moonchild33 said:
But it sounds just fine sped up too. The song's pretty flexible in that way.
I agree, it's a great song either way. I just like the studio one better.

I think most songs are somewhat flexible... rock/metal songs anyway. I wouldn't ask for carbon copy renditions of songs when done live; I like the idea of a rock song being almost like a breathing moving/changing entity, rather than something that's etched in stone and played the same exact way note-for-note everytime.

Back