Small problem with Virtual XI.

Before anything, I would like to say, I love this album despite criticism. I do have one complaint though. I have Maiden's entire discography, most of them hand me downs from my Godfather, and I noticed something about this album. I would like to know if it's me or are all Virtual XI albums like this?  Whenever a song from Virtual XI plays it feels quieter then all the other Maiden albums. I have to raise the volume much more just to hear it. Anyone else have this problem?

The production sucks that's why. X Factor is the same way. It's not as bad on the remaster.

I actually prefer the X Factor production.  It seems to have much more "depth" than VXI.  It's also a much better album, overall.  It's a shame about VXI, because the songs themselves are really good.  When the opening heavy riff of "lightning strikes twice" kicks in, it should be much heavier than it is.  Lots of gallops on the album to, but the horses sound old and sleepy.

chaosapiant said:
I actually prefer the X Factor production.  It seems to have much more "depth" than VXI.  It's also a much better album, overall.  It's a shame about VXI, because the songs themselves are really good.  When the opening heavy riff of "lightning strikes twice" kicks in, it should be much heavier than it is.  Lots of gallops on the album to, but the horses sound old and sleepy.
Great analogy  :lol:

TheTrooper666 said:
There are remasters of the two Blaze albums? I don't think so.
Yup.They were released almost immediatly after they came out so that is probably why you don't know. I'm not sure about Virtual XI but I know for a fact X Factor was remastered. I know because I've seen both in stores. They are almost exactly the same.

Stallion Duck said:
Yup.They were released almost immediatly after they came out so that is probably why you don't know. I'm not sure about Virtual XI but I know for a fact X Factor was remastered. I know because I've seen both in stores. They are almost exactly the same.

Do you or anyone else have more info on that remaster of any of these two Blaze albums?
Some kind of release number/code/year info. Name of the person who remastered it. Any info pointing to "remaster".

Thanks in advance.

Well I actually own the remasters of both. It seems they are more re-releases of the albums rather than remasters. There isn't any info on the notes and I haven't heard the originals so I couldn't tell you the difference. The sound is still bad though. I'm guessing if they did remaster them it was most likely Steve as he remastered all the albums didn't he?

Exactly. Aren't they just re-releases (and not remasters)?
(That was my point but I wanted you to research that for me. ;) )

Not sure if Steve remastered all those albums, I think someone else did and he might have helped. Must have read it, but I forgot that info from the booklets.

Forostar said:
Exactly. Aren't they just re-releases (and not remasters)?
(That was my point but I wanted you to research that for me. ;)
Ah, I see. Yea I couldn't imagine them being remasters.

Back