Small flaws of good bands

Damn, I've never thought I would stumble upon something with this in written, I must say I wholeheartedly agree. Should I push the boundary and say those include ballads on albums like Metropolis Pt. 2?
No

Damn, I've never thought I would stumble upon something with this in written, I must say I wholeheartedly agree. Should I push the boundary and say those include ballads on albums like Metropolis Pt. 2?

I agree with you, actually. I have Scenes as a Top 20 album of all-time, but the ballads are definitely the weak points of the album. I find myself resisting the urge to skip them when I listen to the whole thing. DT become corny when they attempt ballads, Hollow Years might be the only one I truly enjoy. Another Day as well, if power ballads count.

Too late, it's done.
I agree with you, actually. I have Scenes as a Top 20 album of all-time, but the ballads are definitely the weak points of the album. I find myself resisting the urge to skip them when I listen to the whole thing. DT become corny when they attempt ballads, Hollow Years might be the only one I truly enjoy. Another Day as well, if power ballads count.
Likewise. Regression is a good one, tho. It has that Pink Floyd's Pigs melancholic note, is a great way to start an album and lead into Overture, but those two Through-s. Nope. And speaking of real blasphemies - Spirit Carries On does nothing for me.

DT continuing after Score (which would have been a decent moment to call it a day, at least for a while).
Still like lots of stuff from Systematic Chaos but yeah... that Six Degrees/ Train Of Thought sequence is curiously my favorite from the band. After Systematic everything I listened sounded utterly boring.

Back