Sir Harris

The_7th_Son

Ancient Mariner
After seeing the honours that were given out today, i was thinking, Steve should be knighted. He has made outstanding effort and an outstanding contribution to British music. In my eyes he deserves to be knighted a lot more that most of those that were knighted today. I doubt it will ever happen, seeing as the amount of controvesy surrounding the band in the past, but he sure should be.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]if mick jagger can, steve can too!!!!!!![/quote]

Damn, I was going to say that!

Edit: Wohooooo! My 100th post!!!!

well done Perun..

Well i can't see it happening but he deserves it more than most.
But since when has metal ever been seen in a good light.... especially from a 'Satanic' Band [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I think to be knighted someone needs to recommend him to the Queen or whomever decided this stuff

Oki. so who is going to recommend him [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm not a Brit, so I may be completely wrong here, but I seem to recall hearing that this kind of recommendation has to come from titled nobility - another knight or a lord or a baron etc. The nominations are collected for a while, and eventually reviewed by a committee of (again) titled nobles. However, the review is usually no big deal; most nominees are approved. Like I said, I may be completely wrong, but I remember hearing this (or something very much like it) when Paul McCartney was knighted.

Don't worry, guys. Somewhere out there is a long-haired son of an Earl just waiting for his dad to die so he can have the band knighted.

Somebody that can write well should make something up, id be willing to write one, but i dont think my vocabulary stretches as far as some. I dont know how we'd contact the queen though.

I've got her mobile 7th Son..... [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Awesome....
Even Elton John and Paul McCartney are "Sir's".....

We need to write a petition!

sounds good, but once we've done that, then how will we actually get it to the queen? Or someone that deals with these things. I think if we did actually do a petition, we could get hundreds of people.

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Jun 13 2004, 09:36 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Jun 13 2004, 09:36 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] what is it?

07980 q-u-e-e-n-i-e ? [/quote]
YOU KNOW IT! [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Jun 14 2004, 10:12 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Jun 14 2004, 10:12 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] sounds good, but once we've done that, then how will we actually get it to the queen? [/quote]
mail it to:

liz@buck-palace.co.uk

[!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back