Sir Harris

The_7th_Son

Ancient Mariner
After seeing the honours that were given out today, i was thinking, Steve should be knighted. He has made outstanding effort and an outstanding contribution to British music. In my eyes he deserves to be knighted a lot more that most of those that were knighted today. I doubt it will ever happen, seeing as the amount of controvesy surrounding the band in the past, but he sure should be.

A

Anonymous

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]if mick jagger can, steve can too!!!!!!![/quote]

Damn, I was going to say that!

Edit: Wohooooo! My 100th post!!!!

dogigniter

Ancient Mariner
well done Perun..

Well i can't see it happening but he deserves it more than most.
But since when has metal ever been seen in a good light.... especially from a 'Satanic' Band [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Real World

Maindenfans.com Founder
I think to be knighted someone needs to recommend him to the Queen or whomever decided this stuff

madgirl

Trooper
Oki. so who is going to recommend him [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
I'm not a Brit, so I may be completely wrong here, but I seem to recall hearing that this kind of recommendation has to come from titled nobility - another knight or a lord or a baron etc. The nominations are collected for a while, and eventually reviewed by a committee of (again) titled nobles. However, the review is usually no big deal; most nominees are approved. Like I said, I may be completely wrong, but I remember hearing this (or something very much like it) when Paul McCartney was knighted.

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
Don't worry, guys. Somewhere out there is a long-haired son of an Earl just waiting for his dad to die so he can have the band knighted.

The_7th_Son

Ancient Mariner
Somebody that can write well should make something up, id be willing to write one, but i dont think my vocabulary stretches as far as some. I dont know how we'd contact the queen though.

dogigniter

Ancient Mariner
I've got her mobile 7th Son..... [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Maidenaustria

Ancient Mariner
[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Awesome....
Even Elton John and Paul McCartney are "Sir's".....

We need to write a petition!

The_7th_Son

Ancient Mariner
sounds good, but once we've done that, then how will we actually get it to the queen? Or someone that deals with these things. I think if we did actually do a petition, we could get hundreds of people.

dogigniter

Ancient Mariner
[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Jun 13 2004, 09:36 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Jun 13 2004, 09:36 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] what is it?

07980 q-u-e-e-n-i-e ? [/quote]
YOU KNOW IT! [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Maidenaustria

Ancient Mariner
[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Jun 14 2004, 10:12 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Jun 14 2004, 10:12 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] sounds good, but once we've done that, then how will we actually get it to the queen? [/quote]
mail it to:

liz@buck-palace.co.uk

[!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

dogigniter

Ancient Mariner
[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]