Shamefaced? What is the worst song you have ever bought?

Not looking for this to be an excuse to diss other metal bands ("Yeah I bought "one" by Metallica and they suuuuuuuuuuuck!!") etc but I think we have all been guilty of purchasing a single or even worse an album that has you redfaced with shame and embarassment.

To get the ball rolling I purchased a single AND an album in 1989 by a now-nowhere-to-be-seen Britsh trio called Bros. The album was their debut offering called Push and the single was called "too much". Aggghhhhh the shame of it all. In my defence I was dating a girl back then who was a "Brosette" and I was trying to impress her. i was only 19 and my only records in my collection upto that point were Live After Death, Number of the Beast and Seventh Son.

I even cut my hair in a short back and sides and used bryl cream for a "wet look". The relationship, the hair, and the records didnt last long and I put it all down to youthful exuberance.

If you want to check Bros out visit

http://www.geocities.com/brosgal/

for lots of interesting little facts about the boys!!!

So that's me.........how about you?

I can honestly say the worst was back when I was young and influenced by Much Music, I purchased a blink 182 album.

Jeepers Creepers!! where to start? I have bought some frankly emabarrasing crud in my time. My first ever album was Right said Fred's Up (ok, i was 9 years old  :mad:) Note: If anyone asks then obviously i say "Appetite for Destruction" was my 1st album. It was my first "rock" album so its kiiinda right  :innocent:

I bought Linkin Park on the back of whatever the 1st single was called way back in the 1st week it came out, glad to say I'd took it to Cash Converters by the end of that week though  :yey:

I have THREE Green Day albums, i find this unforgivable but i was 16/17 when i got them so i am using naivety as an excuse  :blink:

I bought Dido's album too, I even made a point of telling the guy in the shop it was for my mum (it wasn't  :halo:)

St. Anger single by Metallica. --You know about it.

Born To Be Heinz by Heinz. --Umm... there really is no description for how bad it is.

soapymongoose said:
I have THREE Green Day albums, i find this unforgivable but i was 16/17 when i got them so i am using naivety as an excuse  :blink:

I bought Dido's album too, I even made a point of telling the guy in the shop it was for my mum (it wasn't  :halo:)

Green Day rocks. I have most of their albums (every studio album starting with Dookie). Nothing wrong with that.

I also bought the Dido album, and I liked it. And I didn't make any excuses for buying it, because I'm mature enough not to give a fuck what other people think of my musical taste. I listen to what I like; if someone else doesn't like the same music, that's their problem, not mine.

But the worst I ever bought? The one I've never played since that first play?
Some Limp Bizkit album - the one with their cover of "Faith".
I heard the "Faith" cover on the radio, thought it wasn't too bad ... and of course, I learned how badly that band sucked the hard way.

I once brought a Stryper album. :huh:

But Bros? :p
I'm glad to say they passed me by.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Green Day rocks. I have most of their albums (every studio album starting with Dookie). Nothing wrong with that.

I also bought the Dido album, and I liked it. And I didn't make any excuses for buying it, because I'm mature enough not to give a fuck what other people think of my musical taste. I listen to what I like; if someone else doesn't like the same music, that's their problem, not mine.

But the worst I ever bought? The one I've never played since that first play?
Some Limp Bizkit album - the one with their cover of "Faith".
I heard the "Faith" cover on the radio, thought it wasn't too bad ... and of course, I learned how badly that band sucked the hard way.

Yeah, I've grown up a bit since the Dido incident. It was, like, nearly 10 years ago  :blush:

Yeah, Limp Bizkit should never be allowed to re-produce.

For me it was something from the 80's, I don't remember what the song was called but I do remember the artist...Milli Vanilli.

char_da_harlot said:
......but I do remember the artist...Milli Vanilli.
I remember them, the artist that did not actually sing on their own records. :D

Shame on them.

Hmmm.....I'd say it was the Japanese reprint of Strawberry Switchblade.  Granted, it was for my ex-wife, but that is no accounting for taste.  What a horrid purchase on so many levels.

'Famous Monsters' by the Misfits. 'American Psycho' was ok, but Jerry Only has made me embarrased to be a Misfits fan (when I mean Misfits, i mean the Danzig era 1977-83)

Trivium. The Crusade. I think it had one good song & the others were . . . not so good.

In the end I only liked two Trivium songs in my entire lifetime of 15 years. I'm glad I only spent $12 dollars on them. :D

Back