Self titled album cover

nuno_c

A hollow universe in space
I saw a documentary about the band and someone said that Eddie was actually born on the Killers album cover, and that the figure on the first album was just a punky character. Do you agree that the first appearence of Eddie was actually on the second album?

Also, do you prefer the original cover or the 98 version? And do you, btw, know why it was changed?

Nah, this is the first Eddie:
davelights08.jpg

:D And the '98 cover really, really sucks.

I saw a documentary about the band and someone said that Eddie was actually born on the Killers album cover, and that the figure on the first album was just a punky character. Do you agree that the first appearence of Eddie was actually on the second album?

Riggs had made the artwork for the first Maiden album cover long before he was in contact with Maiden. When Rod Smallwood came into contact with Riggs and saw his portfolio of works that artwork stuck out to him and he had Riggs alter it slightly and it became the first Maiden album cover..But it's definitely the first Eddie since every other Eddie after that is based on him.

Also, holy thread starting batman! You've started more threads here in a week than I have in like 5 years, Nuno...:D

I'm ok with both covers. I do prefer the original though; and if I recall correctly, the band went in-depth on the birth of Eddie in the Early Days documentary.

Riggs had made the artwork for the first Maiden album cover long before he was in contact with Maiden. When Rod Smallwood came into contact with Riggs and saw his portfolio of works that artwork stuck out to him and he had Riggs alter it slightly and it became the first Maiden album cover..But it's definitely the first Eddie since every other Eddie after that is based on him.

Also, holy thread starting batman! You've started more threads here in a week than I have in like 5 years, Nuno...:D
What can i say? Cocaine's a hell of a drug! Lol kidding, i guess i just want to give the forum some extra life, you know? And btw, don't tell anyone about the batman thing... it will remain between us :ninja:

Nah, this is the first Eddie:
davelights08.jpg

:D And the '98 cover really, really sucks.
Yeah, i did see that on the early days dvd! But i think that is more of an early idea of having some sort of imagery, you know? Kind of an idea that eventually led into eddie

Back