Rush

Re: Rush 2007 tourdates!

char_da_harlot said:
I agree with you on how it would be almost impossible to choose just one Rush song.  I see you have many as I do.  I would love to hear them play "Finding My Way", "Subdivisoins" and "Red Barchetta".  I am not familiar with "Middletown Dreams" but I assume it's a good song because I trust your opinion.

I tried to find a link to a (live) version of it somewhere on internet, but I can't find it. This song is definitely not seen by Rush as a favourite. If I'm not mistaken they only played it in 1986, during their Power Windows tour. The song is on the 1985 album Power Windows. It's quite poppy, with strong melodies, and has a nice second half, which is a bit comparable with the rhythm in Subdivisions. Nice keyboards, solo and chorus!

char_da_harlot said:
I will miss this interview on the BBC 6 unfortunately. :(

You can listen to it one whole week after the first broadcast.

char_da_harlot said:
Well hope your Vacation was grand?  Also...welcome back.  It's good to see ya on the boards again.

Thanks for your interest. :)
It was! I wrote a bit about it overhere: http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?t ... 170385#new

..and hope to post some photos later on.

@Forostar.......

Power Windows was a great album.  I know I must have heard "Middletown Dreams" because I burned up the cassette version years ago.  Now I am curious to hear it once again.  I will buy it off i-tunes for 99 cents.

Alright, hope it was worth it! Perhaps you like other tracks better from Power Windows. :)

RUSH fan site Power Windows reports that RUSH scored has the sixth highest-growwing U.S. tour of the summer with $21 million, third among rock acts, according to USA Today. Over 38 shows, RUSH had an attendance of 399,000, with 67% of seats filled. Billboard's touring editor Ray Waddell told the paper, "RUSH is a thrilling live band. Their fans know this, and their reputation keeps spreading to new generations."

The reunited THE POLICE generated the most live-music excitement this summer, playing to sellout crowds and raking in $91.3 million. The band was easily the biggest single act in a season that was light on flashy marquee acts but rife with consistent performers.

TOOL came in at No. 10, having made $17.3 million between May 1 and Labor Day.

Even without a top-heavy roster of megastars, overall concert grosses were $926.5 million, compared with $952.5 million in 2006; attendance was 18.8 million, down from 19.6 a year ago. The data is from Boxscore reports published by Billboard and analyzed by USA Today.

Forget my previous post !  <_<

RUSH's appearance on IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson's radio show, which was originally scheduled for Friday, October 12 has been postponed until November 9 (tentatively).

Just came back from the first of the two gigs in Rotterdam! I saw quite some cameras filming this evening... it made me wonder. And guess what???

RUSH To Film Live DVD In Rotterdam - Oct. 16, 2007 

According to the official RUSH newsletter, the Canadian rock trio will film a live concert DVD at Ahoy in Rotterdam, the Netherlands on October 16 and October 17. More information will be made available soon.

:blink: :yey: :yey:

They played Subdivisions, Witch Hunt, Passage to Bangkok, YYZ & Natural Science! Phenominal!

Just came back from the Stockholm show... amazing! Some of my all-time favourites were played, as well as several songs previously unknown to me, reminding me of the happy fact that I still have a lot of Rush left to discover.

I'll probably get a prospective live DVD/album from this tour!

Great :)

Here the setlist plus 6 video recordings my wife made. Enjoy!! I'm especially proud of the Limelight video, which captures the fantastic intrumental section with Alex's beautiful solo! Nice sound for such a simple HP digital camera! Here goes:

Setlist plus album titles, years and decennia in colours, and videos!:

1.Limelight                              (1981, Moving Pictures)          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wK9FzYWjp0
2.Digital Man                          (1982, Signals)
3.Entre Nous                          (1980, Permanent Waves)
4.Mission                                (1987, Hold Your Fire)
5.Freewill                               (1980, Permanent Waves)
       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p5DRoajS-c
6.The Main Monkey Business   (2007, Snakes & Arrows)
7.The Larger Bowl                  (2007, Snakes & Arrows)
8.Secret Touch                       (2002, Vapor Trails)

9.Circumstances                    (1978, Hemispheres)
10.Between The Wheels          (1984, Grace Under Pressure)
11.Dreamline                         (1991, Roll The Bones)
Break
12.Far Cry                              (2007, Snakes & Arrows)
13.Workin’ Them Angels          (2007, Snakes & Arrows)
14.Armor And Sword               (2007, Snakes & Arrows)
15.Spindrift                            (2007, Snakes & Arrows)
16.The Way The Wind Blows    (2007, Snakes & Arrows)

17.Subdivisions                       (1982, Signals) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pim0-4akVFM
18.Natural Science                  (1980, Permanent Waves)         http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1oZeN6k-zQ
19.Witch Hunt                         (1981, Moving Pictures)
20.Malignant Narcism               (2007, Snakes & Arrows)
21.Drum Solo                          (2007, new solo)
22.Hope                                  (2007, Snakes & Arrows)

23.Distant Early Warning          (1984, Grace Under Pressure)
24.The Spirit Of Radio              (1980, Permanent Waves)
25.Tom Sawyer                       (1981, Moving Pictures)

Encore:
26.One Little Victory                 (2002, Vapor Trails)
27.A Passage to Bangkok         (1976, 2112)
28.YYZ                            (1981, Moving Pictures)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9q-_Cppn:ph34r:
                                                                 +  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1279HSWKlw&nbsp; (end YYZ/end concert)

RUSH Documentary To Include Interviews With METALLICA, NIRVANA And IRON MAIDEN - Oct. 29, 2007 

Micol Marotti of PlaybackMag.com reports that boutique distributor Grindstone Media is hoping to have a hit on its hands with "Rush: The Documentary". The $1.5 million feature doc about the famed rock band is produced and directed by Scot McFadyen and Sam Dunn — the creative team behind the 2005's "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" — and executive produced by Grindstone president Paul Zimic.

McFadyen — currently in Helsinki, Finland with RUSH's Snakes & Arrows tour — finds it ironic that despite the band's influence on groups as diverse as the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS and METALLICA, that this will be the first in-depth look at its history and influence.

"Most Canadians are aware of RUSH, but I don't think that the degree of their success or influence on the international music scene is recognized or respected. We're talking about a group that is ranked fifth in the world for most consecutive gold and platinum albums behind groups like THE BEATLES and the STONES," he says.

The doc will include new interviews with some of rock's biggest names — including members of METALLICA, NIRVANA and IRON MAIDEN — plus never-before-seen footage shot by singer Geddy Lee himself, which Grindstone hopes will attract Canadian broadcasters.

Read the entire article at http://www.playbackmag.com/articles/dai ... /rush.html

RUSH Officially Announces Plans To Extend World Tour Into 2008 - Dec. 13, 2007 

After a hugely successful 2007 run, RUSH have announced they will extend their "Snakes & Arrows World Tour" into 2008. The band will begin rehearsals in March to revamp the set list before kicking off the tour with their first-ever appearance in San Juan, Puerto Rico in April.

2008 will see RUSH tour in over 40 cities throughout the United States and Canada making stops in many where they haven't performed in well over a decade including: Orlando, Oklahoma City, New Orleans, Austin, Jacksonville and Winnipeg to name a few. Along the way, RUSH will play new venues in Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia and Seattle and will revisit some familiar ones in Boston, Washington and Charlotte amongst others. RUSH fans can look forward to a complete tour announcement in mid January. As details develop more information will be made available at www.rush.com.

Due to the overwhelming response of their fans in North America, the "Snakes & Arrows" tour has been RUSH's highest grossing tour ever and the best attended in many years.

I saw them in Ottawa last year and I will be seeing them this year in Toronto.  Looking forward to the classics I didn't get to hear at my first concert...

Lately I obtained the new Rush DVD. It was recorded in Rotterdam, and the funny thing is: I am on it! :)

Very briefly and difficult to see, but 3 other people recognized me, so I guess it's true then. What's even cooler, this moment occurs right after my alltime favourite Rush song Subdivisions, when Geddy Lee talks to the crowd!

Alright, enough about me: did any of you already see this DVD?

The songs from the latest two albums I find the more boring songs, especially when some of them are played in a row. But the older ones totally rock and are photographed with great skill. I think it's filmed with tons of cameras but the editing is done with a perfect pace.

It's always a treat to see Neil Peart hit those drums! Totally Awesome!

Forostar said:
Alright, enough about me: did any of you already see this DVD?

The songs from the latest two albums I find the more boring songs, especially when some of them are played in a row. But the older ones totally rock and are photographed with great skill. I think it's filmed with tons of cameras but the editing is done with a perfect pace.

It's always a treat to see Neil Peart hit those drums! Totally Awesome!

I asked Santa for it but I must have been a bad boy last year; I think I'll be picking it up after payday though....

----------------
Now playing: Genesis - Get 'Em Out by Friday (live)
via FoxyTunes

I look forward to getting it.  I saw them live, also, in 08-- I think a lot of people thought like you, Foro: every time new songs played, large groups of people left the arena to get refreshments.

Back