Rush

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Rush plays twice in Rotterdam ! What an honour! - besides Rotterdam this happens only in London!

Excellent   !!

RUSH has officially announced the dates for its upcoming world tour via the band's official web site. The tour will kick off in North America on June 13 at Atlanta's HiFi Buys Amphitheatre and will visit over 45 cities throughout the United States and Canada before traveling to Europe.

Tickets will go on sale beginning Saturday, March 31 in a majority of tour markets. The balance of performances will go on-sale over the next few weeks.

RUSH tour dates:

Jun. 13 - Atlanta, GA @ HiFi Buys Amphitheater
Jun. 15 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Sound Advice Amphitheater
Jun. 16 - Tampa, FL @ Ford Amphitheater @ Florida State Fairgrounds
Jun. 18 - Raleigh, NC @ Walnut Creek
Jun. 19 - Charlotte, NC @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Jun. 22 - Virginia Beach @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Jun. 23 - Bristow, VA @ Nissan Pavillion
Jun. 25 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Post Gazette Pavillion
Jun. 27 - Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center
Jun. 29 - Scranton PA @ Montage Mountain
Jun. 30 - Saratoga Springs, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center
Jul. 02 - Wantagh, NY @ Jones Beach Amphitheater
Jul. 04 - Darien Lake, NY @ Six Flags
Jul. 06 - Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center
Jul. 08 - Homdel, NJ @ PNC Arts Center
Jul. 09 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena
Jul. 18 - Calgary, AB @ Pengrowth Saddledome
Jul. 20 - Seattle, WA @ White River Amphitheater
Jul. 21 - Portland, OR @ The Amphitheater at Clark County
Jul. 23 - Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
Jul. 25 - Irvine, CA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Jul. 27 - Phoenix, AZ @ Cricket Pavillion
Jul. 28 - Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena
Jul. 30 - San Diego, CA @ Coors Amphitheatre
Aug. 01 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheater
Aug. 03 - Concord, CA @ Sleep Train Pavillion
Aug. 04 - Marysville, CA @ Sleep Train Amphitheater
Aug. 06 - Salt Lake City @ USANA Amphitheater
Aug. 08 - Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Aug. 11 - Dallas, TX @ Smirnoff Music Center
Aug. 12 - Selma, TX @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Aug. 14 - Houston, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion
Aug. 23 - Kansas City, MO @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Aug. 24 - St. Louis, MO @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Aug. 26 - Noblesville, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Center
Aug. 28 - Detroit, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theater
Aug. 30 - Cuyahoga Falls, OH @ Blossom Music Center
Sep. 01 - Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center
Sep. 02 - Columbus, OH @ Germain Amphitheater
Sep. 06 - Milwaukee, WI @ Marcus Amphitheater
Sep. 08 - Chicago, IL @ Midwest Bank Amphitheater
Sep. 09 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center
Sep. 12 - London, ON @ John Labatt Centre
Sep. 14 - Quebec City, QC @ Colisee de Quebec
Sep. 15 - Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre
Sep. 19 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
Sep. 21 - Ottawa, ON @ Scotiabank Place
Oct. 03 - Glasgow, UK @ SECC Arena
Oct. 05 - Newcastle, UK @ Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
Oct. 06 - Sheffield, UK @ Hallam FM Arena
Oct. 09 - London, UK @ Wembley Arena
Oct. 10 - London, UK @ Wembley Arena
Oct. 11 - Birmingham, UK @ NEC Arena
Oct. 14 - Manchester, UK @ MEN Arena
Oct. 16 - Rotterdam, Netherlands @ Ahoy' Rotterdam
Oct. 17 - Rotterdam, Netherlands @ Ahoy' Rotterdam

Oct. 19 - Oberhausen, Germany @ Oberhausen, Germany
Oct. 21 - Mannheim, Germany @ SAP-Arena
Oct. 23 - Milan, Italy @ Forum Arena
Oct. 26 - Oslo, Norway @ Spektrum
Oct. 27 - Stockholm, Sweden Globe Arena
Oct. 29 - Helsinki, Finland @ Hartwell Arena

Re: Rush 2007 tourdates!

Probably not. As always, my favourite bands come around the particular week when I'm most likely out of town :(

I saw them in Pittsburgh! First time seeing Rush and they were great! They played a lot of new stuff, but they played classics like Tom Sawyer, Subdivisions, YYZ, and Freewill.

Geddy sang great too, being the fact it was at the beginning of the tour.

Neil's drum solo stole the show!!  :yey: Awesome!

Glad it was a great show!

No spoilers on the setlist please! :)

I'm still going! ;)

Have fun Forostar!  I love Rush!  And they are great live.  I am sorry I missed them this time around.  Let us know what the setlist was/will be.  Just curious in Cali.

"It seems to me.. I have to live my life a lot better than I think I am..I guess thats why they call me the WORKING MAN"

Thanks! I'll make a little review.

char_da_harlot said:
"It seems to me.. I have to live my life a lot better than I think I am..I guess thats why they call me the WORKING MAN"

That song rocks! This guitar riff is huge!
:)

I'm going to the Ottawa concert on Sept 21.  I'm excited because it will be my first arena concert...

Can anyone tell me how long the concert will be approximately? No setlist spoilers please.

I'm not sure how it will be this year but count on approx. 3 hours. Mostly they split their set in two big parts with a break in between. It will be worth the money.

Here the setlist of Rotterdam 1 October 2004 (I was there! :) ), to get an idea:

[Set 1]
Medley (Finding My Way, Anthem, Bastille Day, A Passage To Bangkok, Cygnus X-1, Hemispheres Prelude)
The Spirit Of Radio
Force Ten
Animate
Subdivisions
Earthshine
Red Barchetta
Roll The Bones
Bravado
YYZ
The Trees
The Seeker
One Little Victory

[Set 2]
Tom Sawyer
Dreamline
Secret Touch
Between The Wheels
Mystic Rhythms
Red Sector A
Drum Solo
Resist (acoustic)
Heart Full Of Soul (acoustic)
2112: Overture / The Temples Of Syrinx / Grand Finale
La Villa Strangiato
By-Tor And The Snow Dog
Xanadu
Working Man
Summertime Blues
Crossroads
Limelight

Thanks a lot, I'm really pumped for the show.  I hear Rush concerts are legendary, and I'm going to be insane by the time the gig rolls around.

Forostar said:
I'm not sure how it will be this year but count on approx. 3 hours. Mostly they split their set in two big parts with a break in between. It will be worth the money.

Here the setlist of Rotterdam 1 October 2004 (I was there! :) ), to get an idea:

[Set 1]
Medley (Finding My Way, Anthem, Bastille Day, A Passage To Bangkok, Cygnus X-1, Hemispheres Prelude)
The Spirit Of Radio
Force Ten
Animate
Subdivisions
Earthshine
Red Barchetta
Roll The Bones
Bravado
YYZ
The Trees
The Seeker
One Little Victory

[Set 2]
Tom Sawyer
Dreamline
Secret Touch
Between The Wheels
Mystic Rhythms
Red Sector A
Drum Solo
Resist (acoustic)
Heart Full Of Soul (acoustic)
2112: Overture / The Temples Of Syrinx / Grand Finale
La Villa Strangiato
By-Tor And The Snow Dog
Xanadu
Working Man
Summertime Blues
Crossroads
Limelight

I like the fact that Rush can put on a 3 hour show.  Very impressive and great for the fans.  Was Summertime Blues a re-make of another band?  If so, how did that sound? 

I love the Feedback EP. I think Rush's cover of "The Seeker" is the best cover of that song I've ever heard. I still prefer the original by The Who, but as far as covers go it's great.

No, I was responding to char's post. They played it in 2004 and they played it again on this tour.

It's only one song, Forostar. I won't tell you the whole setlist  :ok:

Forostar said:
It was a cover indeed. They played a few songs from their release "Feedback", a studio EP with eight cover songs. More --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feedback_%28Rush_album%29

It sounded pretty good, but I rather hear Rush songs instead. ;)

I never knew about "Feedback" until now.  Thanks for the info :D  I am now interested in buying this ep because I love cover songs.  I like to hear how other musicians perceive others.  However the outcome may be? 

Without anymore spoilers....what one Rush song would you love them to play, at the gig your going to?

Sorry for the late answer!

I have favourite songs that you could wake me up at night for like "La Villa Strangiato", "Cygnus X-1", "Subdivisions", "Limelight", "Passage To Bangkok" amongst many others!

To name only one is almost impossible. I guess I would go for "Vital Signs", "Natural Science" or "Middletown Dreams", since they didn't play any of these when I saw them in 2004.

And you?

Here some cool news:
RUSH To Guest On IRON MAIDEN Singer's Radio Show

Canadian rock legends RUSH will be IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson's guests on Friday, October 12 during Bruce's weekly BBC 6 Music radio show, aptly named "The Bruce Dickinson Friday Rock Show". Listen to the program live via the Internet between 10:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. U.K. time at BBC.co.uk. -->
http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/bruce_dickinson/

Other news:
'Metal: A Headbanger's Journey' Filmmaker Working On RUSH Documentary - Sep. 28, 2007 

According to RushIsABand.com, Sam Dunn — co-director of the acclaimed documentary "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" — is currently working on a documentary on the legendary Canadian rock trio RUSH. Dunn was recently filming at RushCon — North America's international RUSH fan convention held in Toronto — and was also present at both of RUSH's recent Toronto shows.

Forostar said:
Sorry for the late answer!

I have favourite songs that you could wake me up at night for like "La Villa Strangiato", "Cygnus X-1", "Subdivisions", "Limelight", "Passage To Bangkok" amongst many others!

To name only one is almost impossible. I guess I would go for "Vital Signs", "Natural Science" or "Middletown Dreams", since they didn't play any of these when I saw them in 2004.

And you?

Here some cool news:
RUSH To Guest On IRON MAIDEN Singer's Radio Show

Canadian rock legends RUSH will be IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson's guests on Friday, October 12 during Bruce's weekly BBC 6 Music radio show, aptly named "The Bruce Dickinson Friday Rock Show". Listen to the program live via the Internet between 10:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. U.K. time at BBC.co.uk. -->
http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/bruce_dickinson/

Other news:
'Metal: A Headbanger's Journey' Filmmaker Working On RUSH Documentary - Sep. 28, 2007 

According to RushIsABand.com, Sam Dunn — co-director of the acclaimed documentary "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" — is currently working on a documentary on the legendary Canadian rock trio RUSH. Dunn was recently filming at RushCon — North America's international RUSH fan convention held in Toronto — and was also present at both of RUSH's recent Toronto shows.

I agree with you on how it would be almost impossible to choose just one Rush song.  I see you have many as I do.  I would love to hear them play "Finding My Way", "Subdivisoins" and "Red Barchetta".  I am not familiar with "Middletown Dreams" but I assume it's a good song because I trust your opinion.

I will miss this interview on the BBC 6 unfortunately. :(
Well hope your Vacation was grand?  Also...welcome back.  It's good to see ya on the boards again.

Back