Rush Survivor Finished: Red Barchetta wins!

satisfied with results?

• yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • no

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
Possible if the rest votes for Xanada, Villa or Barchetta (but all the people must choose the same track).

I would join you. Villa has the best first half of any Rush song out there, together with Natural Science and the best solo build-up of all times, but after the solo it gets worse. As a whole song I prefer Subdivisions.

Let's wait and see what the others will do.

This Survivor is actually matching my own top 10 more than any I've ever participated in.
These are five of the seven best Rush songs. Distant Early Warning and Natural Science are the two that didn't make the top 10.
And I am voting for the two epics for no other reason than they are six and seven on my list.
But it does leave the door open for whatever Killdevilry may be afoot.

Strangiato is my favorite Rush song, I like the entire song, not just the first half. And the guitar solo is Alex Lifeson's best, in my opinion. Subdivisions is a great song, but its time has come.

I love La Villa, and on any given day, it can go as high as #3 on my favorites list. Unfortunately, that day is not today.

This is a great list of songs, and really, the only song guaranteed not to receive a vote from me is Xanadu.

This Survivor is actually matching my own top 10 more than any I've ever participated in.
These are five of the seven best Rush songs. Distant Early Warning and Natural Science are the two that didn't make the top 10.
And I am voting for the two epics for no other reason than they are six and seven on my list.
But it does leave the door open for whatever Killdevilry may be afoot.

Which means you voting for Xanadu didn't help me at all. :p

I love La Villa, and on any given day, it can go as high as #3 on my favorites list. Unfortunately, that day is not today.
This is a great list of songs, and really, the only song guaranteed not to receive a vote from me is Xanadu.

Ummm....I missed that part. :oops:

'Subdivisions' is the last remaining song from the best Rush album ('Signals'). I still cannot believe that both 'The Analog Kid' and 'Chemistry' won't be in this top ten.

Last two. Xanadu and Strangiato tied with Subdivisions is just ridiculous. Red Barchetta is in no way better than Xanadu (or Strangiato). I don't think anyone here thinks it's Rush's #1 song. It's just there are still two worse songs in the game.

Red Barchetta with 0, Limelight with 2 votes but Xanadu and Strangiato have 4 votes each ? That's messed up.

Subdivisions deserves to be 5th. Xanadu and Strangiato are Top 2 songs. I'd be fine with Subdivisions going into Top 3, ousting Barchetta and Limelight but not the other two.

Xanadu might be Rush's "best" song, with Strangiato right behind it.
I expected one of them to win this game and I have no problem with that.
But neither is my "favourite." They are close, but there are three songs left that move me more.

No way Red Barchetta is better than Subdivisions.
La Villa Strangiato is also not better than Subdivisions because of its meh second half.
Xanadu is the strongest from these three but it doesn't beat the melancholic soundscape of Subdivisions.

Moving is the right word, mckindog. Limelight and Subdivisions are lesser stale works. They are moving works with heartfelt and passionate melodies.

Limelight is about as strong as Subdivisions. I'd be happy if one of these songs will win.

Back