RUSH: Gigs, Fans, and Fun (St Louis June 28)

Wästed The Great

Minister Of Chicks, Metal&Beer; Cool & Froody Dude
Staff member
Att: Possible Spoilers about the gig, if you don't want to know anything about it!!!

I got to go to St Louis last night, with my son, to see Rush!  It was a great time, and I loved every minute of it.  It was the first time I was in an outdoor venue, since I saw Warrant, Trixter and Firehouse back in '90 (no comparison!).  Seating was fantastic, and the gig started out at 8pm.  Rush played for a little over an hour, took a half hour break, came out and played for another hour and a half or so, then played a 3 song encore.  The only song that I wanted to see, but they didn't play was
Closer To The Heart
  The guys were great, perfect professionals, fun to watch, and had some great 'skits' on the screens on the stage.  A great gig to take kids to!!

I have to admit, however, that I am not the fan that I thought I was, there were some songs off their recent albums that I didn't know.  When kids came along, I stopped buying music, and hadn't listened to anything since Roll the Bones.  However, after the concert, I am going to be buying the new album!  On that line of thought, though, I was really disappointed in some of the crowd.  It was far less 'entense' than Maiden, and the crowd sat for some songs here and there (we stood the whole time).  The thing that  I thougt was sad, however, was about 5 songs in, when Geddy announced that they were going to play 'a few songs off the new album', there was a mass exodus to the beer stands.  I think at least 25% (or more) of the crowd just got up and left.  I know, its a gig and they paid and can do whatever they want, but I thought it was rude.

I'll leave with the fact that I will go and see them again when they come back.  The nice thing is that they will make 3-4 stops close to me!!

Wasted155 said:
Att: Possible Spoilers about the gig, if you don't want to know anything about it!!!

I got to go to St Louis last night, with my son, to see Rush!  It was a great time, and I loved every minute of it.  It was the first time I was in an outdoor venue, since I saw Warrant, Trixter and Firehouse back in '90 (no comparison!).  Seating was fantastic, and the gig started out at 8pm.  Rush played for a little over an hour, took a half hour break, came out and played for another hour and a half or so, then played a 3 song encore.  The only song that I wanted to see, but they didn't play was
Closer To The Heart
  The guys were great, perfect professionals, fun to watch, and had some great 'skits' on the screens on the stage.  A great gig to take kids to!!

I have to admit, however, that I am not the fan that I thought I was, there were some songs off their recent albums that I didn't know.  When kids came along, I stopped buying music, and hadn't listened to anything since Roll the Bones.  However, after the concert, I am going to be buying the new album!  On that line of thought, though, I was really disappointed in some of the crowd.  It was far less 'entense' than Maiden, and the crowd sat for some songs here and there (we stood the whole time).  The thing that  I thougt was sad, however, was about 5 songs in, when Geddy announced that they were going to play 'a few songs off the new album', there was a mass exodus to the beer stands.  I think at least 25% (or more) of the crowd just got up and left.  I know, its a gig and they paid and can do whatever they want, but I thought it was rude.

I'll leave with the fact that I will go and see them again when they come back.  The nice thing is that they will make 3-4 stops close to me!!

At the show you went to, which was obviously in the states, I saw Rush this summer with my mom, and I was wondering, did they flicker the lights on and off at your show, cause they did it at the Toronto show, and did the lights thing, and according to my mom, who has seen Rush more than 10 times, she claims that they flicker the lights at every show, have for years! So I dont know what to say for that!

Hmmm... I'm not sure what you mean by that.  I don't remember the light coming on and off.  I've seen them 3 times, twice in KC Missouri, and once in ST Louis, and I thought that they just turned the lights off while the gig was on.  Unless you are talking about the laser show, and they do that a lot.  They have diff colored lasers flashing on and off, dancing on the ceiling.  That's pretty cool, and I hadn't seen a laser show since I saw Def Leppard a while back.

It was a great show; I always love watching Rush!

Wrath Child666 said:
At the show you went to, which was obviously in the states, I saw Rush this summer with my mom, and I was wondering, did they flicker the lights on and off at your show, cause they did it at the Toronto show, and did the lights thing, and according to my mom, who has seen Rush more than 10 times, she claims that they flicker the lights at every show, have for years! So I dont know what to say for that!

You went to the Toronto show this summer too?

It was awesome! I thought it was a lot better than when I saw them in Ottawa on the first part, especially Geddy's vocals.

Back