RUSH: 'Clockwork Angels' North American Release Date Revealed

!!!!

Setlists of current tour! Looks like the guys have alternating sets! Lots of songs that weren't played in ages. One huge favourite of mine included. Got to see them when they hit Europe (now I only hope they don't play the "wrong" set when I see them).
7 September Verizon Wireless Arena, Manchester, NH, USA
Set One
  1. Subdivisions
  2. The Big Money
    (First time played live since 2002)
  3. Force Ten
    (First time played live since 2004)
  4. Grand Designs
    (First time played live since 1986)
  5. The Body Electric
    (First time played live since 1985)
  6. Territories
    (First time played live since 1988)
  7. The Analog Kid
    (First time played live since 1994)
  8. Bravado
    (First time played live since 2004)
  9. Where's My Thing?
    (First time played live since 1992, with drum solo)
  10. Far Cry / Set Two, with string section
  11. Caravan
  12. Clockwork Angels
    (Live debut)
  13. The Anarchist
    (Live debut)
  14. Carnies
    (Live debut)
  15. The Wreckers
    (Live debut)
  16. Headlong Flight
    (Live debut, with mini Drum Solo)
  17. Halo Effect
    (Live debut)
  18. Wish Them Well
    (Live debut, with Alex rant)
  19. The Garden
    (Live debut, Alex tells a joke … more)
  20. Manhattan Project
    (First time played live since 1990)
  21. Red Sector A
    (First time played live since 2004, preceded by a melodious percussion section)
  22. YYZ
  23. Working Man
    (without String Section, reggae intro) / Encore:
  24. Tom Sawyer
  25. The Spirit of Radio
9 September Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA, USA
Set One
:notworthy:

The setlists are awesome, I really hope this show hits Denver.

They'll play in Amsterdam, June 2nd 2013, so I am rooting for that one. I don't dare to buy a ticket yet, because first I want to know Maiden's plans (they need to hurry up!!!)

Also Rush will play at Sweden Rock, which is special because I don't remember their last festival appearance, especially in Europe.

Rush is definitely on my list of "must-see-in-concert"(along with Maiden of course). During Time Machine, they came really close to my area but I didn't get a chance to go. Now they'll be in Philly this time on Oct. 12....there's a good chance I WON'T go because I wouldn't have anyone to go with :( and of course there's that whole money thing. I'm sure I could find someone to go see Rush with if I came across some tickets but certainly not my husband...he hates Rush mainly because of Geddy's voice ::).

Perhaps things work different in America (and/or from a woman's point of view?), and perhaps you live further from the arena but I was four years younger than you when I went alone to Bruce Dickinson (Skunkworks). No one else I knew wanted to go (and it was pre-internet era).
It was about one and a half hour traveling (one hour by train). Of course a concert experience can be nicer with other people (also before and afterwards) but certainly the gig itself can be enjoyable when you are at your own as well. Now I am quite glad that I didn't miss that "strange" period in Bruce's career.

I wouldn't say its a woman thing and I'd imagine its like that for some people anywhere you are but I think its more of the type of person you are. I couldn't imagine going to a concert by myself especially one of a Rush magnitude. It would be like going to the a movie theater by yourself, its just not as fun and I'd probably feel lonely and a bit uneasy around people I don't know. Sure, you're enjoying a band you love around with a whole bunch of other people who love the band as much as you do but its not the same as sharing with friends and/or family.

I know what you mean.
I can also remember twice just saying "f--- it" and going on my own (a Canadian Football League championship game and a Judas Priest show.)
Both times it was worth it. Still, it's more fun with friends and family.

I guess I can be thankful that next time a Maiden show comes by in my area, my husband would be more than willing to go with me to that as opposed to a Rush show :p. He doesn't like Maiden as much as I do but he likes them enough to see a whole concert with me. He took me to see The Who and that was the same situation.

Naturally it also costs something, so I can imagine that you'd like to wait for a better opportunity. Who knows you'll meet another person nearby who'd be interested to go with you to Rush when they come next time. :)

Yep, that's the other thing: Money! If I had money to throw around, I'd be going to alot more bigger concerts. I could always be on the look out for chances to win tickets but I never have luck with those. Doesn't hurt to try :). I'm sure I could definitely find someone to go with....just need to get the tickets first :p. I mean, who wouldn't want a chance to see Rush?

Back