Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction

Bruce should stay home and they should invite Blaze as a gigantic fuck you to the RRHOF for snubbing him in the nomination, and then do Clansman and Sign of the Cross.
lol

If Maiden wanted to have Blaze included, he would've been included. Bands surely get contacted about this.

lol

If Maiden wanted to have Blaze included, he would've been included. Bands surely get contacted about this.
No, the RRHOF committee has some overly complicated yet half-assed set of rules that determine which members are nominated. The bands/artists have nothing to do with it.

lol

The shithall decides who gets in.

It's evident they didn't contact the band. The list sublty implies some sort of one-off reunion with former members. Only chance HoF had in making Maiden friendly is to nominate the current lineup only which would signal that the award is for the actual contemporary relevance.

Actually I don't think that Piece of Mind era image is a coincidence. There's an image with Confederate flag and images of black people around it. Knowing how much PC is valued in US affairs I don't believe that this slips through as an error.

Actually I don't think that Piece of Mind era image is a coincidence. There's an image with Confederate flag and images of black people around it. Knowing how much PC is valued in US affairs I don't believe that this slips through as an error.
Where? I looked at the pic and didn't see that.

Either way, I'll admit that I think it's the right call not to include Blaze; his era almost killed the band and he didn't influence anyone really.

Should be the current 6 + Di'Anno and Clive. Don't think Stratton should be in too.

Either way, I'll admit that I think it's the right call not to include Blaze; his era almost killed the band and he didn't influence anyone really.
cannot disagree with this enough.

Regardless of Blaze's impact, he was the frontman of the band for 4 years. The RnRHoF is a total irrelevance, and to my mind that's confirmed by excluding him from the nomination.

Where? I looked at the pic and didn't see that.

He has this in that shirt

Flag-Pins-Great-Britain-Confederate-battle.jpg

It's 100% recognizable when you know the symbol. He also has the same thing on a black battle jacket and used it on stage in early 2000s.

Blaze influenced more people than Stratton.
Also that particular era killed bands. Blaze fronted Maiden managed to survive and get back on the curve again (VXI tour was pretty big, regardless of Blaze's problems and cancelled gigs)

Blaze influenced more people than Stratton.
Also that particular era killed bands. Blaze fronted Maiden managed to survive and get back on the curve again (VXI tour was pretty big, regardless of Blaze's problems and cancelled gigs)
100% this. Whoever was fronting Iron Maiden from 1995-1998, the band would have had the same problems.
It's also worth pointing out that the dodgy production and creative direction decisions on X Factor and Virtual XI weren't the fault of Blaze.

OeZx0oO.png

Come on. Central position in the pic...lol.
Saw the flags, but it just looked like two Union Jacks at first because I'm uncultured, lol. Thought you were referencing something I was failing to notice, but it turns out I'm just a bit silly.

He has this in that shirt

Flag-Pins-Great-Britain-Confederate-battle.jpg

It's 100% recognizable when you know the symbol. He also has the same thing on a black battle jacket and used it on stage in early 2000s.

I bet he didn’t have a clue about the implications the confederate flag has.

Maiden will definitely get in HOF this year.
I'd like to see them inducted - but being serious and less optimistic - RNRHOF's jury has always snubbed metal bands apart from Metallica and Black Sabbath. Let's remember Judas Priest were nominated twice - found themselves in Top 5 fan voting results but finally were snubbed too. Even if Maidens finally do the same there's just a very little chance the jury will put them in right place. Especially after the explicit criticism from Bruce Dickinson.

Back