Right Songs, Wrong Albums?

A

Anonymous

Ok then boys & girls, let's play shall we?

[!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I was listening to SiDthe other day (the things we do when we're supposed to be concentrating on life insurance!) & I had the thought that maybe some of the songs would fit better onto other albums.

For example, Heaven Can Wait I think would fit better onto NPftD.
Alternatively, Stranger in a Strange Land would go nicely on 7th Son.

Lets hear all your ideas, shall we?

PD
UP THE IRONS! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Because I died at Paschendale
[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I think anything on Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son (other than the fact that the latter tells a story) are interchangable. They wrote very similar sounding songs during that span.

I don't think Stranger in a Strange Land would fit in the SSOASS album.

The guy who mailed the thought of Total Eclipse to Maverick made a good point with saying Total Eclipse would fit in NPFTD, coz it would.

I have no other thoughts...

Hmm...lets see...

Gates of Tomorrow on Somewhere in Time.

Heaven Can Wait on No Prayer.

Run Silent Run Deep on Fear of the Dark.

And the controversy:

Alexander the Great and Sign of the Cross on Dance of Death.

Oh, come on guys. Gates of Tomorrow is NOT a bad song. There's worse on SiT.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Sep 24 2003, 01:09 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Sep 24 2003, 01:09 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]

And the controversy:

Alexander the Great and Sign of the Cross on Dance of Death. [/quote]
Well well, controversial indeed! I can see where you're coming from though, Alexander the Great is a grossly underrated song!

Further thought has led to the inclusion of Wildest Dreams on FotD & Gangland on PoM...

PD
[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] UP THE IRONS [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

gates of tomorrow is a good song and, you're right, does sound like it could be on somewhere in time!

If Montsegur was a little less heavy it would have slotted in nicely in Powerslave.

[!--QuoteBegin-Robbiedbee+Sep 25 2003, 04:29 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Robbiedbee @ Sep 25 2003, 04:29 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] If Montsegur was a little less heavy it would have slotted in nicely in Powerslave. [/quote]
It has a different tone in Bruce's voice, but it sounds like Powerslave... and is not that heavy..

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

New Frontier on NoTB? I don't think so!

And I know exactly where GoT would fit: as a b'side to the next single!

It did seem like DoD was a little packed. Age of Innocence should be left on though. The singles for DoD should have been...

Wildest Dreams

Version 1

1) Wildest Dreams
2) Pass the Jam
3) The Trooper (Live @ RiR)

Version 2 (DVD)

1) Wildest Dreams (Live @ Ed 'Til Dead Tour)
2) Wildest Dreams (Video)
3) Wrathchild (Live @ RiR)
4) Maiden Interview

Rainmaker

1) Rainmaker
2) New Frontier
3) Ghost of Navigator (Live @ RiR)
4) Rainmaker (Video)

Face in the Sand

Version 1

1) Face in the Sand
2) The Wickerman (Live @ RiR)
3) Hallowed be thy Name (Live @ RiR)

Version 2 (DVD)

1) Face in the Sand (Video)
2) Miscellaneous B-Side We Don't Know about
3) Sanctuary (Live @ RiR)
4) Post DoD Maiden interview

Good, but why all these Rock in Rio b'sides?

My choice:

Wildest Dreams
1) Wildest Dreams
2) Pass the Jam
3) Live Rec. from Give me Ed... Tour

Rainmaker
1) Rainmaker
2) New Frontier
3) Live Rec. from Give me Ed... Tour

Journeyman
1) Journeyman
2) Misc. Maiden b'side
3) Live Rec. from DoD Tour

GoT could be cut from DoD and maybe be released as a b'side in the future.

Back