"Reporting a topic to a moderator"

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Out of pure curiosity: when I click on this link: http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?action=who

I see the message, mentioned in the subject, ridiculously often. Now just a few times, but some days ago I saw  many of these messages. I can't remember having seen this so often in the past.

What the hell is this? Are dozens of people reporting topics to moderators, lately? I can hardly believe that... Anyone can light this up for me? Thanks!  :)

A lot of guests click "report" thinking it's "reply".

It sucks to be a mod ;)

(Actually, very rarely do they come through, I think RW has a filter set up.)

I think the most likely explanation is that the "guests" you see listed are actually spiders from google, yahoo etc. clicking every link on our site to search

Alright, then I can guarantee that it's something new (since the last 2 weeks or so). It never was this often (or at all) before that.

I see it at night (8pm central time, in the states) a lot.  I asked LC about it, because, over the last month or more, I have looked there and seen most of the guests 'reporting topic'.  I thought it was odd too. 

Forostar said:
Alright, then I can guarantee that it's something new (since the last 2 weeks or so). It never was this often (or at all) before that.
I've noticed it for a long time (several months, rather than weeks).

Back