Reissues - A question

nuno_c

A hollow universe in space
I don't know if there's any official info on this or not, but either way does anyone know why is the Maiden back catalogue not being reissued on CD the same way as it is on vinyl?

I mean, the vinyl reissues have the original track order and artwork, while the new CD reissues on Parlophone still have the same tracklisting and artwork as the 98 versions... I really don't get it...

I too would like to know this but I guess we can only speculate.

My theory is that the band (particularly Steve) probably feels that most Maiden fans will buy the remastered for iTunes versions or the HD files they released a while back. Only the hardcore minority but physical releases these days and with vinyl being flavour of the month again then the collectors among the fans will be happy with these.

I guess they believe theirs no market for a new cd release.

I beg to differ though as the recent solid book of rock by Saxon shows you can still put a good cd package together.

We kind of already have a thread for this.

There's no reason to do CD reissues unless it's part of a box set or a larger campaign. A lot of bands will reissue select albums and make super deluxe editions with bonus discs. Just a plain reissue with new mastering doesn't seem to cut it anymore.

We kind of already have a thread for this.

There's no reason to do CD reissues unless it's part of a box set or a larger campaign. A lot of bands will reissue select albums and make super deluxe editions with bonus discs. Just a plain reissue with new mastering doesn't seem to cut it anymore.
Well, i get that... But at the same time, and since the albums were indeed reissued in CD, what real difference/cost would it have to simply change some of the covers, remove some tracks and... Well, that's it. You know what i mean?

No idea, but I imagine it's not worth the cost to do that.

I want to know, please. If the quality of the new reissues are better than the original release, I want to put my hands on AMOLAD and Rock in Rio

Back