Real Live History Tour (Possibility)

Cody Cameron

Godzilla Freak
Okay, I know the Maiden England History Tour literally just started last night. However, I do enjoy discussing setlists and possibilities with you guys. I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that the next History Tour will consists of the Real Live set, which revolves around the Fear of the Dark album and other stuff from the 90s. I think this would be a great chance for them to play songs that have indeed not been played in a long time and even dive into some Blaze stuff. So with that said, what do you guys think?

As for the setlist, here is my prediction:

1. Be Quick or Be Dead
2. Holy Smoke
3. 2 Minutes to Midnight
4. The Clansman
5. Wrathchild
6. Die With Your Boots On
7. The Number of the Beast
8. Wasting Love
9. Heaven Can Wait
10. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
11. Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter
12. Run to the Hills
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
---encore---
15. Tailgunner
16. From Here to Eternity
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name

I dont think maiden would dare that setlist, but I do think the next history tour will be A Real Live/Dead One. I think the setlist should go:
1. Tailgunner
2. Holy Smoke
3. The Trooper
4. Prowler (it was played in a Real Live/Dead one wasnt it?)
5. From Here To Eternity
6. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
7. Man on the Edge
8. The Number of the Beast
9. The Clansman
10. Futureal
11. The Evil that Men Do
12. Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter
13.Fear of the Dark
14.Iron Maiden
---encore---
15. Be Quick or Be Dead
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name
17. As a ultra surprise being the last history tour: Alexander the Great

The Clansman may be changed for Sign of the Cross, maybe futureal or From Here To Eternity by Heaven Can Wait. This covers almost 1 song of each 80's album and a pretty decent quantity of 90's tracks.

1. Be quick or be Dead
2. Wrathchild
3. 11:58PM
4. From here to eternity
5. Afraid to shoot strangers
6. Die w/ your boots on
7. Public enema #1
8. Wasting Love
9. Sign of the Cross
10. Tailgunner
11. Heaven can Wait
12. Bring your daughter to the slaughter
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
-------------
15. Run to the Hills
16. 666
17. Hallowed be thy name

Very nice. I put in Die With Your Boots On because it was featured at a few venues. Plus it is one of my favorite tracks so I really would love to see them bring it back. It would be cool to see Prowler also.

Yeah, if the do a Real Live set, I would think a couple of Blaze tracks would be included.I think The Clansman would be a lock.

I don't see such a tour happening, or any Blaze time-period related tour happening either. The band doesn't think much of NPFTD, there were only two "touring staples" from FOTD (you know which ones, if not, then leave the forum NOW), and the Blaze tunes, well....they are still stirring up debate after debate to this very day.

I think that this Maiden England Tour, is it for the History tours. So does the squirrel-gull in my avatar pic.

Well, they came out with From Fear to Eternity (Best of 1990-2010) for a reason. It would be a shame not to hear some of those songs again.

I don't see such a tour happening, or any Blaze time-period related tour happening either. The band doesn't think much of NPFTD, there were only two "touring staples" from FOTD (you know which ones, if not, then leave the forum NOW), and the Blaze tunes, well....they are still stirring up debate after debate to this very day.

I think that this Maiden England Tour, is it for the History tours. So does the squirrel-gull in my avatar pic.

I also feel that this will be the final tour of this theme, certainly loosely based on an old setlist anyway. That's not to say a half standards half rarities tour isn't out of the question but I trust that squirrel-gull hybrid's thoughts on this for some reason.

I think they should drop FotD.

It's definitely about time to give this a break at least for a tour. It's a classic and I love it but it is a really predictable inclusion and there are songs that could take that place without losing quality. To Tame A Land for one.

I also feel that this will be the final tour of this theme, certainly loosely based on an old setlist anyway. That's not to say a half standards half rarities tour isn't out of the question but I trust that squirrel-gull hybrid's thoughts on this for some reason.

It's definitely about time to give this a break at least for a tour. It's a classic and I love it but it is a really predictable inclusion and there are songs that could take that place without losing quality. To Tame A Land for one.

That would be great, but Maiden are too lazy to dedicate rehearsing all these old classics, they are all too busy doing there own thing now and in my opinion do not have the dedication to commit etc, also Fear is Janick's shining moment and its almost like they are making a point to remind us that this is the classic period but don't forget Janicks best as well !!

Be Quick Or Be Dead
From Here to Eternity
Can I Play With Madness
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Two Minutes to Midnight
Man On The Edge
The Clansman
Number of The Beast
Tailgunner
Heaven Can Wait
Bring Your Daughter...
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Run To The Hills
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Sanctuary

Well, they came out with From Fear to Eternity (Best of 1990-2010) for a reason. It would be a shame not to hear some of those songs again.

It would definitely be a shame not to hear those tunes again. I personally rank NPFTD (a then modern day version of Killers), and X Factor (a cross between NPFTD production, and SSOASS adventureness) up there with their 80's material.

But, I think they released the From Fear to Eternity set, as a roundabout way of addressing that whole era/decade. In my opinion, these two last "history" tours have been done in a less than optimal way, and I think that what the band considers to be the 90's gems of their catalogue, have been dealt with since the Give Me 'Ed tour.

1. Be Quick or Be Dead
2.2 Minutes to Midnight
3. Holy Smoke
4. From Here to Eternity
5. The Clansman
6. Heaven Can Wait
7. Tailgunner
8. Can I Play with Madness
9. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
10. Wasting Love
11. Run to the Hills
12. Chains of Misery