Rate all their studio album cover artworks worst to best

#1 (favourite) to #17 (least favourite):

1. The Number Of The Beast
2. Fear Of The Dark
3. Virtual XI
4. Powerslave
5. Somewhere In Time
6. Brave New World
7. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (didn't like it at first but after getting the concept, really started appreciating it)
8. Killers
9. A Matter Of Life And Death (with more greenish tint)
10. The Book Of Souls
11. No Prayer For The Dying
12. The Final Frontier
13. Senjutsu
14. Piece Of Mind
15. Iron Maiden
16. Dance Of Death
17. The X Factor

Last edited:
Worst to best in each category:

Bad:
Dance of Death
A Matter of Life and Death
No Prayer For The Dying
Senjutsu
The X Factor

Ok but something is missing:

The Final Frontier
Virtual XI
The Book of Souls

(same thing, but less so ;) )
Iron Maiden
Piece of Mind

Great:
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Fear of the Dark
Brave New World
The Number of the Beast

Iconic:
Powerslave
Somewhere in Time
Killers

My ultimate favourite is that of Live After Death.

Last edited:
From best to worst (imho) :

1) Powerslave
2) Somewhere In Time
3) Piece Of Mind
4) Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
5) Killers
6) The Number Of The Beast
7) Senjutsu
8) No Prayer For The Dying
9) Iron Maiden
10) Fear Of The Dark
11) The Book Of Souls
12) Virtual XI
13) Brave New World
14) A Matter Of Life And Death
15) The Final Frontier
16) The X Factor
17) Dance Of Death

Dance of death. I remembere been here in the forum talking about that that was not the cover and the cover was the background another tricky move from iron maiden and next day , the day that the album was on the stores saying wtf with the album in my hands. i couldnt belive it

Dance of death
Virtual XI
The X factor
The final frontier
Brave new world
The book of souls
Senjutsu
A matter of life and death
Seventh son of a seventh son
Fear of the dark
Iron maiden
The number of the beast
Piece of mind
No prayer for the dying
Killers
Powerslave
Somewhere in time

17. The X Factor (1995) not a fan of the "realistic" type art.
16. Dance of Death (2003) cool Eddie , rest is shit.
15. Iron Maiden (1980) classic!! But art is actually a bit simple.
14. No Prayer for the Dying (1990) good concept, I actually quite like this cover
13. Virtual XI (1998) not too bad, not too good.
12. Senjutsu (2021) I like the samurai Eddie, the complete package has good art, cover a bit too dark, I love the back cover.
11. The Book of Souls (2015) the art inside the package is much better than the cover. I think they could have done more on the cover, but a cool Eddie none the less.
10. The Final Frontier (2010) I like the background art, the Eddie is most probably my least favourite.
9. A Matter of Life and Death (2006) I do like the feel of this cover, lot of complaints that Eddie is too small but I like it.
8. Fear of the Dark (1992) cool cover and a great concept, I didn't like the Eddie when it came out, because I am a Rigg's fanboy, but a good piece of art
7. Brave New World (2000) the face in clouds is awesome, good concept for this cover.
6. Killers (1981) this is where Eddie got more defined, aggressive and cool!
5. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988) This one could actually be a bit higher up , this is Rigg's most impressive, in a sense of art, cover for me, love the blue ice.
4. Piece of Mind (1983) the "simple" Rigg's cover here was brilliant, poor tormented Eddie. The classic Eddie head without hair is pretty cool.
3. The Number of the Beast (1982) Another super cover, love this one , might just be back in the day this evil cover had such an impact.
2. Somewhere in Time (1986) another Rigg's masterpiece, supercool Eddie, and one again the details are mind blowing for me.
1. Powerslave (1984) my favourite, I just love the greatness of the Eddie, the pyramid screams majestic. Love the details in the hieroglyphics

Back