Random ways you have incorporated Maiden into your life

soundwave

Educated Fool
I'll share a few of mine (and hopefully they don't make me look like a crazy fanboy...):

1. I had the DJ play Losfer words at the reception at my wedding (the wife agreed and I settled on an instrumental so as not to ruffle the feathers of my older family).
  2. My son's middle name is Adrian (I've always liked the name...so what can I say?)
  3. My tagging system for my personal project management at work includes #aceshigh (for projects that are ready to go), #wastedyears (for projects that are waiting on someone else), #clairvoyant (for projects that have a major problem with them and I can foresee their doom...but my boss wants them implemented anyway), #fearofthedark (for projects that are causing me some worry), #angelgambler (for projects that never seem to end and keep getting pushed back), #bravenewworld (projects that are new idea of mine).
  4. I listened to Montsegeur while waiting outside of CEO's office prior to my big interview for Operations Manager (I must have looked ridiculous in my suit whilst air guitar-ing...but I needed to pump myself up before going in).
  5. The first song my newborn daughter was exposed to was Alexander the Great.
Any random Maiden related things you've done for life events?

That's so cute, I would call a son 'Adrian' too. Bruce if there was a Spanish equivalent. The first metalhead I met irl was actually called Adrian.

Not quite what you seem to be asking, but I started getting into embroidery because of Maiden. I have this denim jacket with roses embroidered on it, figured I should follow the metal tradition of sewing band logos on denim, but embroider the Maiden logo (and eventually get on to others) directly on it to not break the feminine style of it with patches.

The song before my wife walked down the aisle at our wedding was Doctor Doctor. Like the start of the party - sometimes I must admit that's my favorite part of the Maiden show.

She totally surprised me with that - I had no clue it was happening until it did.

I played Maiden covers at my wedding: Ryan Adams cover of Wasted Years, a few Nylon Maiden tracks, plus a dance remix of Run to the Hills that I found.

When I play in my country/rock cover band we play a song with the lyric, "I sang her every Willie Nelson song I could think of" and I always say "Iron Maiden" instead.

I'm getting married in a bit over two weeks. When I enter the chapel, the organist is going to play a piano rendition "Blood Brothers".

During our reception I'm going to play a bass rendition of "Out of the Shadows" for my soon-to-be wife. (I can't think of another Maiden song that would be a better fit, but open to any suggestions).

If you really wanna incorporate Maiden into your wedding, get someone to act out the part of the Mariner and recite Rime.

I'm getting married in a bit over two weeks. When I enter the chapel, the organist is going to play a piano rendition "Blood Brothers".

During our reception I'm going to play a bass rendition of "Out of the Shadows" for my soon-to-be wife. (I can't think of another Maiden song that would be a better fit, but open to any suggestions).
If you plan to play an instrumental but find an appropriate title, "From Here To Eternity" would be a good choice and not too somber to play at a wedding. Preferably on a guitar and you can get some of your guests sing modified lyrics to it. :)

I think it's pretty awesome that your fiance is cool with that many Maiden references in your wedding.
That's when you know it is love!

I must say my friend, who got married earlier this month, made it obvious to his then still wife-to-be what he felt for her - when he accepted that they have You'll Never Walk Alone performed in the church (he is a Man Utd fan ...)

Back