Random trivia

Its Gary Oldman with his super «plastic» armor [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

What was the first name of Mario, the nintendo character.

Mario. According to something I read in Nintendo Power like 15 years ago, anyway. Mario's name is "Mario Mario" and Luigi is "Luigi Mario".

Yeah, I also remember that from somewhere. I'm pretty certain it's right so here is another Mario related question for you:

Why was it decided that Mario would be a plumber?

Sorry, Berlin 1936 is not correct. It was the first time they were carried out.
Berlin was supposed to hold the 1914 Olympics, but didn't, for obvious reasons.

[!--QuoteBegin-StrangerInAStrangeLand+Jul 5 2004, 03:23 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(StrangerInAStrangeLand @ Jul 5 2004, 03:23 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]

Why was it decided that Mario would be a plumber? [/quote]
Because he liked the princess draining... oh wait young kids see this site [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Sorry but that's not right. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Mario. According to something I read in Nintendo Power like 15 years ago, anyway. Mario's name is "Mario Mario" and Luigi is "Luigi Mario". [/quote]

That's not right, Mario's first name was JumpMan because he could, well, jump [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
in the DK arcade game. It was decided that he would be a carpenter in that game because of the stage so when they created the first mario game, he became a plumber because of the warp pipe.

For the next question i'll stay in the nintendo subject: Link talks in only one zelda game, which one? By the way the «come on» to call the girl or makar in windwaker doesn't count.

I doubt anybody'll find the answer but I can't think of anything else at the moment.
If it's not answered when i come back this afternoon, I'll post another one.

[!--QuoteBegin-Battlemaniacs+Jul 6 2004, 05:12 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Battlemaniacs @ Jul 6 2004, 05:12 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] That's not right, Mario's first name was JumpMan because he could, well, jump [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
I misunderstood the question. I thought you meant what his first name was instead of what he was called before Mario although I knew he was called Jumpman in Donkey Kong.

Actually, the answer I had in mind for my question comes from an interview with Mario's creator, Shigeru Miyamoto. He said that Mario was made a plumber because he wanted to make him somebody who worked hard. I didn't really expect anyone to come up with that answer though.

I don't know the answer to your new question but I don't own Majora's mask or The Wind Waker. If it's one of those, then I won't get it.

Krakatoa Volcano in Indonesia.

What's the largest man-made non-nuclear explosion in human history?

Link only talked in Zelda II: Adventure of Link. In Saria Town, to get the life spell, ou had to find the mirror of the girl guarding the house entrance and he said «I found a mirror». He talked another time in the game and it's before getting the fire spell on the new continent. In order to get in the house you had to go to a fountain and he said something like «I got some water».

I dont know the answer to the new questtion....

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Jul 7 2004, 12:27 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Jul 7 2004, 12:27 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Krakatoa Volcano in Indonesia.

What's the largest man-made non-nuclear explosion in human history?[/quote]
You know I was refering to the collision of the Imo and Mont Blanc in Halifax Harbour (6 Dec 1917 Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada), you pesky terd-nugget!

Question:

At the beginning of WWI, the British soldiers' uniforms came with a brown cap made of cloth. Metal helmets weren't provided.

As the war went on, the army authorities and War Office were alarmed at the high proportion of soldiers who had suffered head injuries. They decided to get rid of the cloth headgear in exchange for metal helmets. All of the British soldiers wore the metal helmets from then on. However, the War Office was shocked to discover that the number of head injuries increased. The intensity of the fighting of the fighting did not drastically change after they began to wear helmets. So why did the number of head injuries recorded per battle increase rather than decrease after the soldiers started wearing the metal helmets rather than the cloth caps?

The first helmets were rush-produced and were unpainted metal. Thus, they reflected sunlight and gave snipers a target.

That's not the correct answer. This question should actually be interpreted as a puzzle instead of trivia though. Why would wearing helmets which were beneficial increase head injuries?

The soldiers would not wear them because they were too heavy and they stopped wearing them.

If THAT is the correct answer I'm giving a banana to everyone. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Aw man! I wanted a banana! [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I can think of lots of reasons. Like Battlemaniacs said. There's a few other things too. Men were unused to it, so they started taking un-battle related injuries. The French started beaning them for the helmets.

The answer is quite simple, really. Before the helmets were provided, if a piece of shrapnel hit a British soldier in the head, it would've probably killed him. Therefore, it would've been recorded as a death not an injury. With the metal helmets, the incidence of death decreased, while the incidence of injury increased. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I've got an easier question now:

What was the first man-made device that could break the sound barrier?

Back