Votes: 3 20.0%

Votes: 2 13.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 13.3%

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
LooseCannon said:
I have no idea what's going on here. I've never heard of Lou Reed, nor Loutallica. I am currently clueless.

As explained in this thread, Metallica teamed up with Lou Reed and are releasing a new album with him in October.

As for the project, I have no problem with either artist giving it a shot. However, this The View song completely failed to impress me. I don't have the feeling I heard anything I've never heard before, or that this is really tearing down any walls. It's really just metal riffs with someone talking over it. Maybe, if the talking had some sort of rhythm to it that fits to the guitars, it would be cool. This way, there is really nothing to it. There was a part somewhere where I thought it might actually pick up, but it never does.
Perhaps it has a different effect when hearing it embedded in an album, but seeing how they released it as a stand-alone taster, you should be able to enjoy it by itself too. And it's just... bland.

My serious opinion on this song:

I kinda liked that song SMX linked, but I just don't like this. Stupid lyrics and Lou is 3/4 talking and 1/4 singing while some uninteresting riffs are played. The chorus isn't very good either, and the solo is garbage. 5/10, but only because it's funny.

It sucks, Lou Reed is just talking through the whole song and some boring riffs. And the lyrics sucks too! I give it a 1/1  :down:

Perun said:
... this The View song completely failed to impress me. I don't have the feeling I heard anything I've never heard before, or that this is really tearing down any walls. It's really just metal riffs with someone talking over it. Maybe, if the talking had some sort of rhythm to it that fits to the guitars, it would be cool. This way, there is really nothing to it...

Lou Reed has a history of creating intentionally horrible noise. (Go look up Metal Machine Music.) The man actually gets a kick out of people hating his music. And given his past, it's entirely possible Reed wanted to get a reaction like Perun's.

What is that reaction from Reed's POV? Someone listened, gave it a chance ... and because they were stuck on their own notions about what's "cool" in music, they didn't like it. Lou Reed would be smiling if he saw this.

(A vital note: I'm not saying that was Per's reaction, only that I think Reed would react that way to Per's post.)

The thing that will make Reed happiest is all the Metallica fans who will inevitably hate this whole album. Lou will be grinning ear to ear. Seriously, he's that kind of guy.

SMX is 100 per cent correct about Reed.
And that is why Zare is wrong.
This song does not suck. It is bland.
Reed is interesting. Metallica is interesting. The fact they collaborated is interesting.
Reading what you guys have to say about this song is interesting.
The song itself is not.
Fail.

MaidenFan100 said:
It sucks, Lou Reed is just talking through the whole song and some boring riffs. And the lyrics sucks too! I give it a 1/1  :down:

I'm glad you liked it.

mckindog said:
SMX is 100 per cent correct about Reed.
And that is why Zare is wrong.
This song does not suck. It is bland.
Reed is interesting. Metallica is interesting. The fact they collaborated is interesting.
Reading what you guys have to say about this song is interesting.
The song itself is not.
Fail.

This particular product of their collaboration IMHO sucks. I can see from where SMX comes from, however it's my subjective opinion that this track sucks, regardless of what Lou Reed stands for and what he does. Someone that actually likes experimental music of this kind, this kind of delivery etc, might give it a 10. I can respect Reed's "different" attitude, but I don't like this track. At all.

Reed isn't interesting for me here because lyrics are dull and his delivery is bah. Sorry, anyone can read some lines. Music - very boring riffs played on top of terrible drumming. Lars sounds like mis-scored MIDI track.

Invader said:
Metallica headlining the Big Four shows has got to be one of the greatest injustices in the history of music.  That was my opinion before hearing this.
Regardless of what anyone's opinion about them is, they are by a 1000 country miles the biggest band out of the Big 4. Doesn't mean they are the best, but it justifies their headlining slot.

Loutallica? Really..Loutallica? Thats the best they could come up with?

This is just Metallica trying to be pretentious again...

I'm sure I heard Hetfield scream "I am the TABLE !!" during the song...Had to look it up and it was "tablet", unfortunately.

SixesAlltheway said:
I'm sure I heard Hetfield scream "I am the TABLE !!" during the song...Had to look it up and it was "tablet", unfortunately.

Both. Tablet first, table at the end.

iamtable_260911043142.jpg

Albie said:
Regardless of what anyone's opinion about them is, they are by a 1000 country miles the biggest band out of the Big 4. Doesn't mean they are the best, but it justifies their headlining slot.

They are the biggest, but they're also easily the worst live band of the Big Four IMO.  It just pisses me off that these so-called "Big 4" shows have Metallica playing three times as long as Anthrax and twice Megadeth and Slayer.  They could call it "Metallica feat. the smaller 3" and it would be a lot closer to the truth.

Slayer beats Metallica by a long shot! :rocker:

Metallica today is the worst of The Big Four and many other thrash bands too.  If they played as they did in the 80's now they would be my second favourite...

edge of darkness said:
This is the worst metallica song ever, 2. And I've heard Poor Twisted Me. Please let this be the worst track on the album!

That release can't be considered as a Metallica release.

Lulu leaked. There are some nice riffs, but music is overrepeated. It wouldn't be so bad if you remove Lou Reed's "vocals" and "guitar playing". His lyrics are deranged, insane, horrible, call them whatever you want. I hope they don't tour to support this "album". I want a real Metallica album to be released next year.

I wrote my comments about the album on Now Playing thread but to say an overall thing here, I didn't find the album as bad as some people say. A lot better than St. Anger crap, this album would go well for long road trips, relaxing, avant-garde songs out there. But anyway it's not a Metallica album, can't wait to hear their new record. I'm excited.

Back