Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 20.0%

Votes: 2 13.3%

Votes: 2 13.3%

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
I can't give it anything under a 10, it's just that good. Move over Octavarium and Paschendale, I have a new all time favorite song!

- Nice sound and production quality.
- Music - Load/Reload level of quality.
- Lyrics - horrible, stupid, lyrics from St. Anger album sound like Shakespare's compared to these lyrics.
- Lou Reed's "vocals" - he's literally talking, sounds horrible and hillarious at the same time.

2/10.

Mosh™ said:
I can't give it anything under a 10, it's just that good. Move over Octavarium and Paschendale, I have a new all time favorite song!
Exactly. This is the best thing since sliced bread. I'm making this my ringtone, my alarm clock and everything. It's my new theme song.
Night Prowler said:
- Nice sound and production quality.
- Music - Load/Reload level of quality.
- Lyrics - horrible, stupid, lyrics from St. Anger album sound like Shakespare's compared to these lyrics.
- Lou Reed's "vocals" - he's literally talking, sounds horrible and hillarious at the same time.

2/10.
ok

Zare said:
Jesus Christ.
I'm an atheist and don't believe in Jesus, but knowing how much Christians love Jesus it's a big compliment to compare this to Jesus Christ.

Metallica headlining the Big Four shows has got to be one of the greatest injustices in the history of music.  That was my opinion before hearing this.

Lou Reed literally, just, simply, sucked on that song. Not going to blame Metallica, I'm going to blame Lou Reed because the things that make this song horrible are the lyrics and the vocals (?) which are works of Lou Reed.

Rating ? A low 1. (My rating for The Apparition is 4, think about that)

As soon as I heard of this collaboration I thought "NO". Lou Reed has sucked since 1969 onwards, i.e. after the departure of John Cale (although Metal Machine Music is pretty good). He's one of those guys who's way up his own arse, and expects everyone else to follow. Nah, hearing Lou Reed drone over Metallica just doesn't work for me. Firstly his vocal is way too prominent in the mix. Secondly his lyrics drag you down the drain into the shit of his own making. I give this a  :down:

WHAT THE HELL GUYS THIS IS A 10 SONG I MEAN YOU CANT GIVE IT ANYTHING ELSE. I MEAN REALLY, LOOK AT THE POLL CHOICES!

The stuff reminds me of Biohazard and also some Henry Rollins (especially the way lyrics and emotions are delivered).
Also Body Count and Rage Against the Machine come to mind, but much less.

Or The Illusion of Power, by Black Sabbath.  :)

Especially the spoken word delivery combined with the intensity of the riffs and build up.

Poll fixed, I just noticed that. Nice joke, but don't do it again please. ::)

Beyond that: I strongly suggest that you guys who don't know much about Lou Reed go read about him, and find some of his music if you can. Not his hits: "Walk On The Wild Side" won't help you here.

Lou Reed is, and has always been, an experimental musician. Avant-garde art rock. In fact, this song with Metallica is one of the most "normal" sounding things Reed has ever done.

The lyrics and the way they are delivered are typical Reed. He's never been much of a singer. In fact, traditional singing is something that, as an experimenter, he has usually purposely avoided.

In short, for all those whose reaction is "what the fuck": yes. That's exactly right. That's Lou Reed. He's here to open your mind, not entertain you.

The Velvet Underground, 1968: "The Gift"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI-YiaWDgB4

Thassrite... 43 years ago, Reed was doing this same stuff.
The story in the left speaker was written by Reed, but is recited by John Cale.

I have no idea what's going on here. I've never heard of Lou Reed, nor Loutallica. I am currently clueless.

Never much of a Metallica fan. Even less so for Lou Reed. Perun nailed it... unremarkable. 6.

Well I listened to the song for real. The riff got very boring very fast, and all Lou Reed did was talk. Seriously, I don't care what he did in the Velvet Underground or whatever, that was interesting to listen to, but this was just boring, and at many parts, stupid. The "I am the table" thing literally had me laughing. I want to know what was going on in their heads when they wrote that part of the song, The guitar solo was just as bad as the rest of the song, he trem picked the same note for 80% of the entire solo. That's like when Dave Murray tries to hold that note in NOTB as long as possible. 1/10

Back