Question about some albums

nuno_c

A hollow universe in space
Do you know why the album covers of the self-titled, the number of the beast and no prayer for the dying were changed in 1998?

I recall from reading an interview with Rod Smallwood that the cover for the NOTB was changed for the 98 reissue as the original printing from 82 was actually a wrong presentation of the background colour as featured in the original artwork by Riggs.

In the same interview, I recall reading that the band felt that the original 90 cover for NPFTD was a bit too comical and so the band took the opportunity to remove the grave-digger character for the 98 reissue.

Not sure about the reason for the changes for the debut album, but it may be similar to the reason for TNOTB.

I personally think the 98 versions are an improvement.

I recall from reading an interview with Rod Smallwood that the cover for the NOTB was changed for the 98 reissue as the original printing from 82 was actually a wrong presentation of the background colour as featured in the original artwork by Riggs.

In the same interview, I recall reading that the band felt that the original 90 cover for NPFTD was a bit too comical and so the band took the opportunity to remove the grave-digger character for the 98 reissue.

Not sure about the reason for the changes for the debut album, but it may be similar to the reason for TNOTB.

I personally think the 98 versions are an improvement.
Thanks for the info!

Now i would REALLY love to know the story behind the first album, since the original cover is so iconic

Back