Question about bootlegs/DVDs of 2006-2009

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Which are in your opinion the best...

... two or three sounding Maiden audio bootlegs of 2008 and 2009?
... two or three Maiden video bootlegs (DVDs) of 2008 and 2009?

One per year, per DVD or bootleg is also OK.

I have downloaded several but want to get rid of all the lesser ones.
(I have a lack of disc space, and not much time to check the best quality myself).

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!  :ok:

Re: Question about bootlegs/DVDs of 2008/2009

I don't listen to audio bootlegs.
My favorite DVD's from that period:
05. 03. 2008 - Porto Alegre, Brasil - pro-shot, great sound, great video quality.
22. 03. 2009 - Santiago, Chile - pro-shot, good sound, good video quality.
:cheers:

The ultimate SBiT 2. leg boot is Santiago Chile V2. It uses feeds from video screens + additional audience shots (of good quality) now and then. The sound is FM sourced, so it's better mixed and equalized than raw soundboard source. Beware that the normal version (just videoscreen feed + soundboard) exists so make sure you get the former.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goL9_kWb-b0  (scroll to 8:30 to see the fun part  :D)
The show itself is spectacular and performance is sky-high. Just check out Bruce on Children Of The Damned.

I don't collect "new bootlegs" any more, for several reasons : Maiden has changed their setlist only on three tours in last 11 years (BNW, Early Days, TFF 2010 leg). Song position shifts are even rarer, Bruce speaks at same moments about familiar subjects, so there's usually nothing new to see/hear. I just download the best possible quality boot of the tour / leg and i'm satisfied.

For the same reason, i don't watch SBiT 1. leg boots any more, i have Porto Allegre, Monterrey on video (both pro), and Santiago 2008 FM broadcast. Both of those videos are videoscreen feed / soundboard combination, as i've said before, i prefer those only if there's none of other pro types (TV, multi-cam, etc...) available. The videoscreen rarely shows audience, and the soundboard audio is pretty dry. Since i have Flight 666 DVD, i have the material there.

I mean it's good for some moments (like Bruce's "phone call" @ Porto Allegre), but those can be found in a snap on Youtube.

Thanks a lot for this info guys!  :ok:

I'll soon do a more thorough investigation of what I have. I have already seen a map which says Santiago 2008, so that it probably the lesser Santiago one. I do have the Porto Alegre though.

I just started bootleging but the Santiago Chile is great.

I don't want to open a new thread for one question, so I'll ask here:
What's the best video bootleg with the whole AMOL&D album in setlist?

NightProwler666 said:
I don't want to open a new thread for one question, so I'll ask here:
What's the best video bootleg with the whole AMOL&D album in setlist?
If you can find Globen 2006 on video that one is pretty good. I am interested to know others, too. I only have a CD from 2006 and I would like a video.

Thanks, but I couldn't find that one. I don't need audio bootlegs, just videos ;)

What are the best video bootlegs from:
World Piece Tour (with To Tame A Land)
Somewhere On Tour (apart from Philadelphia gig)
No Prayer On The Road (full-shows only, I already have a pro shot DVD with 4 songs and lots of interviews)
Ed Huntour (two - best one with Stranger In A Strange Land, and best one without it)

Download links appreciated :D

I also need download links for:
a 2001 Buenos Aires show - full show pro shot video - DVD (I have DVD rip only)
a 2004 Buenos Aires show - ~47 minute pro-shot video - any video format
any show with full AMOL&D album in the setlist - any video format

If you can find Globen 2006 on video that one is pretty good. I am interested to know others, too. I only have a CD from 2006 and I would like a video.

Stockholm bootleg is FM-broadcast based. There is no pro-shot video. There is no pro-shot bootleg of AMOLAD tour, yet. However, there is BTATS on Abbey Road sessions, and a pro-shot Different World from Denmark, on Lick Library video (this one features best performance of H's solo so I suggest watching  :D).

World Piece Tour (with To Tame A Land)

No pro-shot with TTAL. Audience - only Montreal worth watching.

Somewhere On Tour (apart from Philadelphia gig)

No pro-shot apart from that Spectrum gig. Bits and pieces here and there, like in Canadian interviews or @ the end of 12 Wasted Years video - but only pro-video with studio overdub. Audience - Paris, Sheffield, Gothenburg. All pretty watchable with decent video & audio quality.

No Prayer On The Road (full-shows only, I already have a pro shot DVD with 4 songs and lots of interviews)

Again, no-pro full shows. Bits and pieces of shows pro-shot exist (Rosksilde Festival, Japan TV special, Headbanger's Ball, Paris gig, German TV special, Holy Smokers secret gig). Best audience IMHO would be Dortmund.

Ed Huntour (two - best one with Stranger In A Strange Land, and best one without it)

And yet again, no full pro-shot bootleg of Ed Huntour exists - New York TV special has a few songs, like Wrathchild, HBTN, Number Of The Beast. Also Madrid gig some TV broadcast again - Aces High, Wrathchild, Trooper (watch out for Janick's detuned guitar on this one!). Athens 1999 Aces High only - but you can't see a thing because the crowd is literally on fire! Few bits and bobs in Helsinki TV special, that's about it for pro material of 1999. Best audience - i don't know, watched a few, all shitty. Try Quebec or Milan.

Download links appreciated

I also need download links for:
a 2001 Buenos Aires show - full show pro shot video - DVD (I have DVD rip only)
a 2004 Buenos Aires show - ~47 minute pro-shot video - any video format
any show with full AMOL&D album in the setlist - any video format

Consider joining the Iron Maiden lossless bootleg DC++ hub. It's a place where you can download every Maiden bootleg in existence (and from related bands, also). If you haven't heard about that, DC++ is client application for Direct Connect protocol/service, which looks like a cross-over between a chat and file sharing program. Basically each user shares releated material and users of the hub are downloading amongst eachother. Most of the hubs have a rule of minimum data share (eg you can't join unless you have, example, 20GB of files shared), but you can access IM bootleg hub without any shared bootleg - just remember to keep in share all that you've downloaded from there.

You can share bootlegs that you have already, but keep in mind that this is a lossless bootleg hub - meaning no sharing of MP3's, DivX'es, MPGs and others. Only true DVD's and lossless audio formats (FLAC, APE, etc.)

Wow dude, thanks a lot! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I used DC++ before, I'll install it again. Just one more question:
Zare said:
Most of the hubs have a rule of minimum data share (eg you can't join unless you have, example, 20GB of files shared), but you can access IM bootleg hub without any shared bootleg - just remember to keep in share all that you've downloaded from there.

You can share bootlegs that you have already, but keep in mind that this is a lossless bootleg hub - meaning no sharing of MP3's, DivX'es, MPGs and others. Only true DVD's and lossless audio formats (FLAC, APE, etc.)
If I understand correctly - there is no minimum data share on IML hub, but if you share something, it has to be DVD/lossless audio?

No problem.

If you don't have any bootlegs to share, you can come empty-handed, but as soon as you download something, you need to put it for share too. That counts for everything you download from there. If you are unable to share all your bootlegs for any reason, then you list those bootlegs in "archive" directory. So if anyone wants it, they know you have it and will contact you by PM to arrange transfer. That's the way it works.

No problem. I shall be returning there when I acquire time and money to fix my storage server.

I found everything I was looking for, except the following DVD:

IRON MAIDEN - THE BEAST IN MILAN 1993

LIVE AT THE FORUM MILANO, ITALY 09.05.1993
PRO SHOT TV - 102 MINUTES - INCLUDING MENUE
QUALITY RATING: 2.0

BONUS:
LIVE IN ARGENTINA 25.07.1992
LIVE IN LONDON, UK 10.12.2006
PRO SHOTS TV - INCLUDING MENUE

Iron_Maiden_-_1993_The_Beat_In_Milan.jpg

Help (links :D) appreciated :cheers:

I think I have that show, will post later in the afternoon.

Back