Pyramaze

I wanted to let you guys know that two new songs are available on Pyramaze's website. In my opinion they're amazing. Their new sound doesn't quite sound like their first two albums. I'd say the sound's about an equal mix of Pyramaze and Horror Show era Iced Earth with a hint of Seventh Son era Maiden. The vocals are amazing but that's no surprise. As much as I love Iced Earth, it almost makes me sad that Barlow isn't staying with Pyramaze.

It's sounding good, but somehow, I have the feeling that it's only Barlow who makes it sound special.

Thanks for the update! I have a different feeling than Perun. Namely, this music is so strong that I find the vocals less important. Great melodies, riffs and melancholic atmosphere!

I am curious to know more about Perun's words as soon as we've heard the new IE.
Would be a good comparing: Same vocalist, different songwriters.

Anyway, this marks the official comeback of Barlow and he still rocks! Let's hope Pyramaze will find a decent follow-up and that it won't hurt their career.

Hm,  I can't say I'm impressed.  Neither by the music nor by Barlow's vocals.  I certainly hope he'll sound better with Iced Earth.  Speaking of which,  they've announced a new single release.  Perun was right,  they've redone some songs from Something Wicked Pt1 with Barlow  ::).  I can already imagine the internet n00bs going "now dis iz da shit.  Musik like it should zound.  Barlow ftw.  Fuck Ripper"  :p.

Hmm, most people hated the original remake with Ripper. Now they'll probably love any recycled Jon Schaffer-turd with a sauce of Barlow it.  ::)

I actually liked the remake of the trilogy, it was different enough to be interesting.  It did take some getting used to, though.

But I hope the remakes of Framing Armageddon aren't just the same songs, with Ripper's vocals swapped for Barlow's.  I'd expect at least a proper remix.

Invader said:
I actually liked the remake of the trilogy, it was different enough to be interesting.  It did take some getting used to, though.

Prophecy was terrible, Birth of the Wicked wasn't so bad.  It actually came up randomly the other night and it wasn't too bad.

All of the vocals have been redone, obviously by Tim Owens, who did a masterful job at retaining the passion and honesty of the original, and still put his stamp on it and made it his own.

The new single and proceeding full-length studio album mark the return of longtime frontman, Matt Barlow to the band who’s dark and sinister tones are the perfect fit to narrate the intense and viscous annihilation of mankind set in motion with the birth of the story’s main character, “Set Abominae”, in “Something Wicked Part II.”

:nuts2:

Fitting smiley indeed. What are they trying to prove?

At least Jon is officially demented by now. He must have a very (click)

Well, although it doesn't make much sense, you have to admit that "A Charge to Keep" and "The Cloud" will sound amazing with Barlow.

Peronally I think there's nothing wrong with Framing Armageddon as it was. I feel like the next single's just a way to capitalize off of Barlow's return. I have high hopes for I Walk Alone, but Framing armageddon sounds too Ripper-ish to sound very good with Barlow on vocals.

Here some words about the upcoming album "Immortal", from the band:

Hello Pyrawarriors!

Here's a little update on the production for our upcoming album 'Immortal'. Matt completed the vocal recording last Friday, and it all sounds really awesome. He sounds more varied than I've ever heard him before. Matt and i agreed right from the start that he should use his skills on this album to the max, and therefore you will hear a very multi-faceted vocal performance on Immortal. He has done everything right from very thick and raspy verses to epic choirs. Matt really enjoyed being able to "play" and try different things, and his enthusiasm shows on the album. For the first time we've also made use of a small male choir (three persons) which adds to the diversity.

13.03.2008 - Sound clips from Immortal! -

Dear friends,

The work on our new album 'Immortal' was completed today at 11 AM in Denmark. We are extremely happy with the outcome, and we are now ready to share a few clips with all of you loyal fans who have waited patiently for a little taste of the new stuff. We therefore give you two clips of the new album, with a length that is good enough to give you a fair feel for the songs. The songs we have chosen to share with you at this point are:

Year of the Phoenix - and
Caramon's Poem

Click on the titles above to listen. Below you'll find the track list for Immortal.

Not much left to say at this point other than CRANK UP THE VOLUME!!

We hope you enjoy the clips ;-)

All the best, Michael Kammeyer & PYRAMAZE

01. Arise
02. Year of the Phoenix
03. Ghost Light
04. Touched by the Mara
05. A Beautiful Death
06. Legacy in a Rhyme
07. Caramon's Poem
08. The Highland
09. Shadow of the Beast
10. March through an Endless Rain

immortal_large.jpg

Bandpromo_s.jpg

Peronally I think there's nothing wrong with Framing Armageddon as it was. I feel like the next single's just a way to capitalize off of Barlow's return. I have high hopes for I Walk Alone, but Framing armageddon sounds too Ripper-ish to sound very good with Barlow on vocals.

Hmm... I dunno.  I think The Clouding could be pretty good with Matt, at least the slow part.  Matt could put more emotion to that, I think.  But A Charge to Keep or Setian Massacre?  I don't think so, they're just perfect with Ripper.

Helphyre said:

Well, me neither, but Barlow still has this amazing ability to put his own spin on songs.  I mean, is there ANY song on the first 2 albums that he sang worse than the original vocalist?

As for the remixes, I just hope they deal with the one annoying aspect of FA: the layered choruses.

Forostar said:
Like in Dracula?

Sort of, but Dracula's chorus isn't nearly as layered as say, "A Charge to Keep" or "When Stars Collide".  In Dracula, there is one vocal line which is given "priority" (it's louder), and there are only a couple of vocal lines.  Whereas in Framing Armageddon, there are often multiple layers singing the same vocal line, plus more for others, and they're all about the same volume.

I think the layering is a problem with Horror Show as well, but it's just not done to the same extent.

Back