"Proof" for creationism

Invader

Ancient Mariner
I found a link to this funny video on another forum.  It's supposed "proof" for creationism and "disproves" evolutionism.  It's funny because it tries to have a serious outlook on the matter, but if you ask me, it fails dismally.  Some of that "logic" is so crazy that it made me laugh out loud.  The most stupid part is where they bring in an orangutan doing animal things and use that as evidence that humans can't have evolved from apes.

It's half an hour, but if you want to have a good laugh at the expense of stupid people, I suggest you watch it. :)

I can't watch it from work, but I am going to guess it's filled with the same psuedoscientific points of view that fill all Creationist propaganda crap.

I made it 2 or 3 minutes in before giving up. Full of shit as expected.

Here's the thing that made me give up...

Creationist claim: "Believers of evolution, due to lack of evidence for evolution, are forced to use language of speculation such as saying 'I believe' instead of 'I know'."

Immediately following: a creationists asks a college student, "Do you believe in the theory of evolution?" and the student answers, "Yes, I believe it." The fucking creationists inserted the word 'believe' and then acted like it's the student's fault for using it.

As if religious nutballs don't use the phrase "I believe...". It's the second fookin' word in the Nicean Creed.

Not that this was the only bullshit in the first 3 minutes - it's just the one that made me give up.

I think the scary thing about this is that it's just another example of how Creationists are plastering the United States with propaganda to attempt to get their particular worldview into schools to supplant one they disagree with.  And these are the same people that fly thirty US flags and say how much they love the country, without understanding or accepting one of its most basic principles.

My Soc 101 professor has the most amazing quotes by Jefferson, Madison and Franklin ALL criticizing religion, calling it destructive and divisive. I need to ask her for a copy lol. But yeah, amazing how none of the founding fathers were "Christian," strived for separation of church and state for a reason and here we are 200 years plus later neck deep in bible-thumping bullshit. 

Try explaining to the average American that Ben Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, and Thomas Jefferson were diests, not Christians, and they'll probably stab you in the chest.

LooseCannon said:
Try explaining to the average American that Ben Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, and Thomas Jefferson were diests, not Christians, and they'll probably stab you in the chest.

what is diest ?

You can say it to me, I won't stab you. Probably take you out and buy you a pint.  :)

____no5 said:
what is diest ?

Diesm is the belief that there is a Supreme Being or Beings in existence as a prerequesite for the universe to exist, but that said Supreme Being has no influence or effect on our universe, which behaves entirely by the laws of nature and not at the whim of a god.

It is, also, my chosen "religion" (though a more appropriate term would be philosophy).

a beloved quote from beloved Epicurus comes to mind

gods, only exist in the moments of dawn and twilight
and they don't care about humans affaires
because they have their own problems to take care

I am also a Diest. Yet I continue to attend church on Sundays. I also inform myself about Islam when I am in the region and find Taoism fascinating. It's good to broaden your horizons and keep an open mind on the subject of religion. It helps out tremendously in many situations.

Yes I think that is what I mean, ... but I also want it to mean this:

It has also been proposed that the religious term Amen is a derivative of the name of an Egyptian god, Amun.

.. in this context.

LooseCannon said:

OH, Most wouldn't stab you in the chest right away... you would have to explain it, like you did here, before most would actully understand what you are saying.  And like Dean, I'd buy you a pint for it.  "Those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it"... or something along those lines.  Most people haveno idea of what most of the founding fathers really wanted for this country.  I'll stop short of my rant on polititians that want to shove their religious beliefs down my choking throat.

Along those lines, it absolutely floors me that people expect creation to be taught alongside evolution in a science classroom.  I have to swallow my tongue sometimes when I hear that.

Back