Problem with appearance of pasted text

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Hiya,

there is problem with pasting text. When you paste (e.g. from text from another post), it looks as if nothing happens. As if it doesn't put the text where you want. But when you preview the post, it's there.

Didn't test enough combinations to know when it exactly happens (e.g. copying from a post in edit modus, or coping in unedited modus.), but I thought it is problematic enough to mention it here.

Maybe it's my browser? I use Firefox.

Hiya,

there is problem with pasting text. When you paste (e.g. from text from another post), it looks as if nothing happens. As if it doesn't put the text where you want. But when you preview the post, it's there.

Didn't test enough combinations to know when it exactly happens (e.g. copying from a post in edit modus, or coping in unedited modus.), but I thought it is problematic enough to mention it here.

Maybe it's my browser? I use Firefox.

I just tried to put a screenshot in here from a copy action of the opening post of this thread but I 'm not sure if it worked.
Anyway, it's easy:

- go to one of your posts
- edit
- copy text
- paste text in newly opened topic or new post

Result: you don't see the text appear, before you hit the "post" or "reply" button.

Thanks for taking a look at it. I'll see if I can come up with more info later on.

edit:
I have Mozilla Firefox version: 43.0.4

This issue happens when copied from a post in edit modus and then pasted in a new post, or pasted in the same post (as the one it was copied from.)
It does not happen when copied from a non-edited post or text from any other source (e.g. another website).

Last edited:
I have experienced the same issue today on Firefox on Mac.

EDIT: to be precise, it happened within the same post. That is, I selected a part of the text I wanted to move around and when I pasted it in the same post, it disappeared... but still was there. I had to use the "back" option of Firefox to not make a mess of it.

Last edited:
Back