Powerslave set to be rebuilt for 2008 tour !

I don't see any big surprises in the setlist. If it's going to be in the line of the Early Days Tour part 1, there won't be many. In that tour they just played the most usual stuff from the first 4 albums. No surprises from The Number Of The Beast, they just played the 3 songs they're always playing from it, namely the title song, Run To The Hills and hallowed. Same with the other albums, although they were some noticeable absences like Flight Of Icarus  :-[
What I expect:
Powerslave: Aces High (probably the opener), 2 Minutes To Midnight, Powerslave, Rhyme Of The Ancient Mariner
Somewhere In Time: Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait, Stranger In A Strange Land
7th Son: Can I Play With madness, The Evil That Men Do, The Clairvoyant, Infinite Dreams
No Prayer: Tailgunner, Holy Smoke, Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter

I predict one or two surprises. The Early Days tour had Another Life and Charlotte The Harlot, after all. I doubt anybody saw those coming (OK, OK, they dropped Charlotte again...).

Bruce promised Alexander The Great, so I suppose we might see that one. So, let me counter Lord McCloud's proposition:

Powerslave: Aces High*, Two Minutes To Midnight, Powerslave
Somewhere In Time: Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait, Alexander The Great
Seventh Son: Infinite Dreams+, Can I Play With Madness, The Evil That Men Do, The Clairvoyant
No Prayer For The Dying: Tailgunner, Bring Your Daughter... ...To The Slaughter, ___#

*I'm going to eat a bug if Aces High won't be the opener
+I'm not too sure about this one, maybe something else from any other album may take that spot
#Here's where we'll probably see a surprise. I somehow doubt Holy Smoke will be on the list, given this one is not exactly popular.

I highly doubt Rime Of The Ancient Mariner will be on the set, but never say never.

Alright maybe Another Life was a surprise (never been much into Killers to be honest).
Alexander The Great would be nice, but if it has to take out Stranger....then I say bye-bye Alexander! -_-
And I think Holy Smoke is way more popular than Tailgunner for example. It should work well live.
And about the Aces High thing...I'll eat a bug as well!

Perun said:
I predict one or two surprises. The Early Days tour had Another Life and Charlotte The Harlot, after all. I doubt anybody saw those coming (OK, OK, they dropped Charlotte again...).

Just a little story to tell of the time I saw Maiden do "Another Life". It was on the Beast on the Road tour and I was at Portsmouth Guildhall. When they started this song, I knew that punky bit of rhythm guitar was due and I was right in front of H. It came and with mounds of dry ice and it was all I could do to treasure that time and place in my mind. I was happy.

prowlergrig said:
he did? can you post the source please?

That was quite a big story during the Early Days tour. I don't have a link handy, but most people on this board will be able to confirm.

oh ok, i was interested in reading the whole interview but i'll take your word for it :)

BTW, it wasn't an interview but something Bruce said at the 2005 gig in Athens :)

I would pay most anything to see this. My favorite memory of high school was a road trip to see Maiden play on that stage. The stage was magnificent, Maiden played an amazing set, it was simple a perfect evening. If I can somehow relive even a little of that night, what bliss :)

Sounds like Maiden are gonna do that tour, perhaps record another album (last?) and then tour on that puppy.

Iron Maiden has truly shaped areas of my life in remarkable ways. I thank God every time I listen to them.

That tour sounds promising.  I had the pleasure of seeing them tour in '05 in support of their first four releases.  I'd love to hear material from the next four ^_^.  Hopefully they come to Toronto, again.

Perun said:
I highly doubt Rime Of The Ancient Mariner will be on the set, but never say never.

I disagree. I think it has to be there. They know very well it's one of their most popular songs. And I don't see how anyone can invoke the spirit of the Powerslave era with that stage set and not instantly think of ROTAM.

And regarding show opener - leave Aces High alone. It's a boring song. Moonchild, baby, yeah!

Cosmiceddie said:
I'd rather hear 'Caught Somewhere in Time' as an opener.

With Bruce's costume?  I'd pay for that! :D[sup]1[/sup]

[sup]1[/sup]Well, I'd pay anyway, but you know what I mean...

Back