Powerslave anniversary year 2024 (and LAD soon after)

The Live and Dangerous box set of all the shows they recorded for the original album is great.
I have the UFO Strangers in the Night box set. Although most of the nights have similar set lists, it is really interesting hearing the different performances. Plus the design of the box is great. I would buy something like this from Maiden in a heartbeat. However they seem more interested in comics and beer than their music. There was a quote years ago from Steve or Rod saying Maiden is ‘all about the music’. Not sure I believe that anymore sadly.

I am still betting that once the band retires from touring we will see whatever's left in the vaults. Just how much who knows? Perhaps not as much as I hope. After all they never properly documented the Somewhere on Tour. For sure there will be a lot of material from the reunion era and that's a good thing. As far as merchandising and marketing they would be fools to not take advantage of that. Most bands make money these days from touring and merch, making records not so much.

I have the UFO Strangers in the Night box set. Although most of the nights have similar set lists, it is really interesting hearing the different performances. Plus the design of the box is great. I would buy something like this from Maiden in a heartbeat. However they seem more interested in comics and beer than their music. There was a quote years ago from Steve or Rod saying Maiden is ‘all about the music’. Not sure I believe that anymore sadly.

Wise words, my friend, wise words.

I am still betting that once the band retires from touring we will see whatever's left in the vaults. Just how much who knows? Perhaps not as much as I hope. After all they never properly documented the Somewhere on Tour. For sure there will be a lot of material from the reunion era and that's a good thing. As far as merchandising and marketing they would be fools to not take advantage of that. Most bands make money these days from touring and merch, making records not so much.
I’m betting they don’t actually have a vault.

Not expecting anything, but since World Slavery Tour 84/85 was their biggest and most succesful, it would make sense to release something from it this year or next.

Within the still relatively far fetched realms of possibility would probably be "new" material from the Long Beach Arena gigs (I believe they used mainly material from nights 2 and 4, so something from 1 & 3), soundboard audio from Rock In Rio or one of the four Hammersmith gigs with either or both hd footage and soundboard audio.

Then less likely scenario, maybe more live material from Behind the Iron Curtain, something from the five New York gigs (as noted in the cover booklet, only illness prevented them from being seven), or just from a random show which has not been released previously.

If they however release something, its probably going to be something else. But not "rarer stuff" than this if you like, that´s for sure haha.

My copy of the Piece of Mind comic turned up in the post today. It is much better than I thought. Just before Christmas I snagged it on offer for £8 off Amazon. There is an interesting write up from Rod about the album. He confirms that there are no demos in the vault.

I’m betting they don’t actually have a vault.
If they have, it’s relatively small. Steve found some stuff at his home when they did research for material for the early days documentaries, but I also bet they have very little unreleased materials in their "vault".

If they have, it’s relatively small. Steve found some stuff at his home when they did research for material for the early days documentaries, but I also bet they have very little unreleased materials in their "vault".
Well, that's the official story with it. It sounded from the beginning quite unprofessional to me when they wanted us to believe there wasn't much, and what we got was incidentally found in a dusty box under Steves bed. If they were a bunch of senior hobby musicians I would believe it, but not this band.

Back