Potential IMC image change?

Raven

Ancient Mariner
In light of the recent make-over of the Maidenfans main page (thus revealing that some things do change around here!), I had a rather cool (to my mind) idea.

Instead of having the image of Eddie bursting out of the computer looking at us when we enter the IMC, why not have a montage of Eddies from throughout the Maiden story?  It would fit the subject matter far better, I feel, to represent Maiden more thoroughly this way.

However, I see that the argument can be put forward that if we have all album Eddies on there, we'd have to change it for the next album.  And so I simply put this forward as a proposal, not for a change anytime even approaching soon, but in the future.

Perhaps when we reach 100,000 replies... :innocent:

Good to see that's still kicking around.

If you were to have some sort of massive montage it would be cluttered.  The current image at the greeting section is functional, and custom art of that quality is difficult to come across at will.

LooseCannon said:
Good to see that's still kicking around.

If you were to have some sort of massive montage it would be cluttered.  The current image at the greeting section is functional, and custom art of that quality is difficult to come across at will.

I was thinking something more along the lines of simply photoshopping the heads of various Eddies around an IMC logo.  Something similar to the Best of the Beast artwork, but far less intricate.  Perhaps it would be a bit of a lost cause, but it was just an idea I got...somewhere....

Raven said:
...somewhere....in time...

:p

I think its a good idea, but not practical for the page. Perhaps it would be good as the title page of a section on Eddie artwork.

Back