Possible North American spring 2012 tour!

Hepulis said:
Not Maiden England tour.... According to rumours, the Final Frontier World Tour is going to get 3rd leg - For North American fans on spring 2012..  :(
What rumours? (Besides the link that Travis posted)

Hepulis said:
Not Maiden England tour.... According to rumours, the Final Frontier World Tour is going to get 3rd leg - For North American fans on spring 2012..  :(

The fact is, the next tour is going to start on late-spring 2012 but according to strong rumours it's the last leg of the Final Frontier World Tour.

I would be there, but don't think it would interest many in the US.  I think the band would be better off to do the next golden years tour before returning. 

If they cut two 2000-era songs from the 2011 setlist and replace them with older, non-overplayed songs
(i.e., Still Life, Stranger in a Strange Land, 22 Acacia Ave, Rime, or Powerslave)
I think a U.S. tour would work quite well. There are plenty of people in the States that would love to see more than just El Dorado.

Amen to that line; North America would love to see more than  "just El dorado'.  This is the thread we've been waiting for.  Please if anyone has or comes across any info on a 2012 N.A tour get it out there.  I know we are all spoiled maiden fans in N.A. and we get to see them all the time, yada yada yada.  But as great as El Dorado was live, we are dying to hear any other FF songs live.  

A praise for you Habberdasher!!

I hope on their next tour, they play more older stuff than just a handful of songs!

I would like to see 1-2 songs from each album. Yes, even Virtual XI and The X Factor, which had some good stuff on it as well.

I go to concerts expecting to hear all my favorites played. While I enjoyed the show I saw last year, mostly because I've really enjoyed the last four albums, they should have played more of the classics.

GatesOfTomorrow said:
I go to concerts expecting to hear all my favorites played.

There you go, that's the problem. Your personal list of favourite songs does not have much of an influence on a band's setlist decision. Therefore, change your expectations, and just enjoy the gig, for H's sake.

I just don't get it. Setlist complaints are one of the most boring and tedious things out there. Here's a hint: If you are not going to enjoy the gig because of the setlist, or if all you are going to do afterwards is whine about it, don't go. Go see some Maiden cover band who do nothing but Play Classics (TM). Those endless setlist complaints have no effect on the band whatsoever. It may sound harsh, but the band doesn't care what your favourites are, and they are not going to change their setlist just to please you personally, which is what pretty much everybody seems to expect. It's amazing how much energy people waste on complaining about something they can't change anyway. Why don't you just go to a Maiden gig and expect to enjoy the show, instead of folding your arms and holding your breath until they're playing Where Eagles Dare?

If all people like are the 80's albums, tough shit. Unless the band explicitly state they are doing an all-out 80's tour, it is likely they are going to put a lot of songs from the TWENTY YEARS after the eighties ended in their setlist. You may not like it, but the world didn't stop turning on 31. December 1989. And the band didn't stop writing then, either. They have eight studio albums worth of material released after that, and if they feel like playing from them, they just will. It's no use complaining about it, because they won't back off one inch from that position.

My favourite album is The X Factor, and I have yet to see one song from it performed live (save for one I heard Blaze Bayley play live on one of his gigs). I also have quite a number of favourites that I haven't heard live. But I've got a very simple trick on how to cope with that: I just don't expect them to be played. That way, I'm not disappointed when it doesn't happen, and I get all the happier when it does, like when they played No More Lies last year. It's really not all that hard.

In case you feel singled-out and targeted, GatesOfTomorrow, my apologies. This is directed at all those people who keep complaining about the setlists tour for tour, year after year. It just gets old at some point.

I agree, but when I see a maiden show (or any concert for that matter) there are songs I want to see. Last year it was Paschendale.  The fact that they didn't play it really didn't bother me, but because I saw some of the setlist by accident, I saw Paschendale there, and I did expect it. Even if I do expect certain songs though, I'm just happy to see a maiden concert.

Great post Perun, have a praise.  During my entire concert-going "career" I've only seen one set list that was 100% perfect, and that was Slayer's Unholy Alliance in 2008.

GatesOfTomorrow said:
I go to concerts expecting to hear all my favorites played. While I enjoyed the show I saw last year, mostly because I've really enjoyed the last four albums, they should have played more of the classics.

But the two years prior to that they were playing nothing but classics from the 80's (bar 'Fear Of The Dark')

The band has 15 albums now..they do about 15, 16 songs each show..even if they did one song from each album, they wouldn't b able to fit all the 'classics' in.
That's why I prefer what they're doing these days, alternating stuff...80's in 2008-9, 2000's in 2010, and then 2000's + New album in 2011

I must be an oddball.  When I go see Iron Maiden I don't really care what they play.  My favorite band (by far) is Iron Maiden.  Iron Maiden play Iron Maiden songs live. That's honestly good enough for me.  Perhaps I'm easy to please, or fed up with 10+ years of reading set list bitching.  Truth is, I go and have a good time regardless of whether they are doing an entire new record or classic stuff.  I'd probably enjoy a show that features nothing but Virtual XI songs played on kazoo.

Totally agree, whatever Maiden is playing live in front of me is the greatest Maiden song of all time!!  The last show I saw live in 2010 [1st leg of FF] I went in without knowing the list.  Every song was epic.    Especially if it is a song of theirs I haven't heard live.  Every set list rules.  As long as Maiden is delivering it live to you.  Lucky for me Pashendale was in that set list!!  Chills.

@vomit, I've never been to the U.P. but a Maiden show would be the best excuse,

i'm down in the Detroit area so we get some Maiden love now and again...

I can see the DVD now... "MAIDEN MICHIGAN" "Scream for me YOOPERS!!!"

Now that would be sweer!!! Any news yet from an informed source?

Back