Planetblaze and the rule of Bullshit

dogigniter

Ancient Mariner
posted by a member of Planetblaze forum:

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]i don't like maiden much since a couple of years cos i think they became a big sell out like metallica and a rip off like KISS. DoD was definitely their worst album thoughi liked BNW very much from the reggae point of view.

but it's true that more and more people seem to dislike maiden. it's not as bad as with tallica where it was cool to hate them at some point but i think that people start realising (especially and finally in england) that maiden are way overrated. [/quote]

???????? DOES ANYONE UNDER THIS GUY?

reggae? DoD is crap? has he even heard it i doubt!

there is plently of maiden bashing going on over there.. i mean we barely bash Blaze at all! [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] it makes me feel so A£$%£$^$%&^$%&!!! [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-dogigniter+Apr 11 2004, 08:39 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(dogigniter @ Apr 11 2004, 08:39 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] ???????? DOES ANYONE UNDER THIS GUY? [/quote]
Understand, dude. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Who cares though? It happened on a Blaze forum, not on a Maiden forum.
Not everyone who likes Blaze will be a Maiden fan.

[!--QuoteBegin-Merciless+Apr 12 2004, 10:37 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Merciless @ Apr 12 2004, 10:37 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Understand, dude. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Who cares though? It happened on a Blaze forum, not on a Maiden forum.
Not everyone who likes Blaze will be a Maiden fan. [/quote]
Yeah, and and many maiden fans most certainly dislike Blaze. I like both and think both BNW and DoD were wonderful albums. It's all opinions, nothing more!

Don't get so worried about it! If you like Maiden, then be happy! But don't worry if no one else does. It's your opinion, not their's. And you certainly can't bash him for not liking DoD - I did, many people did, but it's just his opinion.

Cheeeeel. [!--emo&:chug:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/beerchug.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'beerchug.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The world is full of opinions. While I dint agree with that one, Maidens not as good as it used to be. If it were then there wouldnt be so many people asking for a new Bruce solo album instead of a new Maiden one

Shadow don't bother with guys like these. I find another post at another forum what was something like this: I don't listen to Maiden anymore since Fear of the dark so they have to retire.

Erm... it was dogigniter who posted the first message, and not Shadow. Well, their avatars are nowadays the same and it gets a bit confusing! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Anyway, it's true that bands that I don't like anymore should retire. I don't like Wagner anymore... and he's dead! [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Some people... [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

aye. I tend to be listening to DOD loads more than old stuff...but Nothing beats NOTB or Peice of Mind.

[!--QuoteBegin-Real World+Apr 12 2004, 06:19 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Real World @ Apr 12 2004, 06:19 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] The world is full of opinions. While I dint agree with that one, Maidens not as good as it used to be. If it were then there wouldnt be so many people asking for a new Bruce solo album instead of a new Maiden one [/quote]
I am asking for a new solo album because "The chemical wedding" was released nearly 6 years ago and it is a masterpiece (even better than some Maiden classics), not because I think BNW and DOD are bad (I like them more than some of their 80s albums; "Killers" and "Somewhere in time" to be precise). Anyway, although I have been waiting for a follow up to "The chemical wedding" for quite a while, I'm glad Bruce and Adrian came back to Maiden and Blaze got fired...

Did he get fired? I heard Blaze and the group ended on good terms..

[!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Real World+Apr 12 2004, 06:19 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Real World @ Apr 12 2004, 06:19 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] The world is full of opinions. While I dint agree with that one, Maidens not as good as it used to be. If it were then there wouldnt be so many people asking for a new Bruce solo album instead of a new Maiden one [/quote]
I'll disagree, RW. I think that BNW and DOD have equalled Piece of Mind, Powerslave, etc. I think people want more Bruce solo stuff because they like the way he sounds, too! As great as it is to have Bruce in Iron Maiden, Accident of Birth and Chemical Wedding showed us what else he was capable of. Some 'kin amazing songs!

[!--QuoteBegin-Peaveyraptor+Apr 13 2004, 11:36 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Peaveyraptor @ Apr 13 2004, 11:36 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Did he get fired? I heard Blaze and the group ended on good terms..

[!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
They ended on good terms but I bet Blaze didn't really want to leave...

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Apr 13 2004, 12:54 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Apr 13 2004, 12:54 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I'll disagree, RW.  I think that BNW and DOD have equalled Piece of Mind, Powerslave, etc.  I think people want more Bruce solo stuff because they like the way he sounds, too!  As great as it is to have Bruce in Iron Maiden, Accident of Birth and Chemical Wedding showed us what else he was capable of.  Some 'kin amazing songs! [/quote]
"The chemical wedding" is one of the best Bruce albums ever (and that includes all the Maiden classics).

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Apr 13 2004, 01:54 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Apr 13 2004, 01:54 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I'll disagree, RW.  I think that BNW and DOD have equalled Piece of Mind, Powerslave, etc.  I think people want more Bruce solo stuff because they like the way he sounds, too!  As great as it is to have Bruce in Iron Maiden, Accident of Birth and Chemical Wedding showed us what else he was capable of.  Some 'kin amazing songs! [/quote]
Maybe so but if they didnt think Bruce could do a better solo album than Maiden could do on their next studio album why not petition for him to focus on Maiden?

Came to this thread late

I think its just a break for Bruce Maybe his stuff that doesnt make the cut on the Maiden Albums then gets with Royz and Maybe H again..

And churns out a classic album to rival Chemical Wedding and hopefully Adrian can come out with another Psycho motel that would be class to sit beside my other 2 Psycho cd's

[!--QuoteBegin-Real World+Apr 13 2004, 06:42 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Real World @ Apr 13 2004, 06:42 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Maybe so but if they didnt think Bruce could do a better solo album than Maiden could do on their next studio album why not petition for him to focus on Maiden? [/quote]
Probably because they would like to get something with Bruce's voice sooner than the next Maiden album. That's what I want. [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Oh boy, please dont hate me, but i don't find Bruce's solo stuff that great.
Don't get me wrong, i enjoy it, but not that much that i would go off and buy one of his albums. Maybe i should, but the thing is that i wouldn't propably care so much, if he would release an album. Maiden has always been the ultimate band for me. Well, now i said it once more. Who has heard these words from me before? I begin to repeat myself [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I want a new MAIDEN album you silly Bruce fans [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Sorry i couldn't help it [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back