Piece Of Mind 40th anniversary next year

I always thought that it would have been cool if Maiden had written and recorded Alexander the Great for piece of mind and had to tame a land on somewhere in time.

Just think to tame a land suits the futuristic vibe of somewhere in time better and Alexander would have suited piece of mind better.

Something that astonishes me with the average online Maiden fan is that so much energy is devoted into emphasising Alexander the Great as the 'forgotten' epic that the actual forgotten one is To Tame a Land. Yes, it was played live, but only on World Piece Tour, and there is no official recording of it. Which means that the Dortmund video from TED is a wholly insufficient document of this tour. Don't get me wrong, it's a great video, but this tour deserves better.
+ the songs that debuted on this tour and played infrequently throughout the years after but never quite sounded the same. I'm thinking specifically Die With Your Boots on and Still Life, which both appeared on Maiden England but are played faster and sound more developed.

Ghost of Cain makes a good point that Legacy of the Beast can easily be seen as a celebration of Piece of Mind considering they played four songs including two rarities. Three of those four were also major set pieces in the stage show. I imagine they'll give the album a rest, just like how Seventh Son was given a rest after we got a whole Seventh Son themed tour. I wouldn't even be surprised if they skip The Trooper on the upcoming tour.

On the subject of anniversary reissues though, as much as I would love to see it, the fairly underwhelming way in which they've commemorated 40 years of Number of the Beast has me skeptical that they would do anything fancy for any other album. I would love to see it though. The Dortmund video is incredible but it's incomplete and they didn't even play a complete set. Just a triple vinyl set similar to what they're doing for Beast with some unreleased live show would be incredible.

Since next year is the 40th anniversary of Piece of Mind, they should play either Still Life or To Tame a Land.
por-que-no-los-dos-gif-7.gif

Please no To Tame A Land. It's far too long and not good enough to justify taking up that much space. Still Life is awesome though.

I still cling on to the hope that at some point (after retiring?) Maiden might start going into the vaults and releasing some live albums for tours that haven't had one yet. There are a bunch of good sounding bootlegs for the Piece Of Mind tour, but a proper release would be optimal.

Please no To Tame A Land. It's far too long and not good enough to justify taking up that much space. Still Life is awesome though.

I still cling on to the hope that at some point (after retiring?) Maiden might start going into the vaults and releasing some live albums for tours that haven't had one yet. There are a bunch of good sounding bootlegs for the Piece Of Mind tour, but a proper release would be optimal.
A live album from that tour would be something else! Where Eagles Dare as an opening song on a live album needs to happen!

Back