3. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
4. Rainmaker
5. The Ghost Of The Navigator
6. Dance Of Death
7. Montsegur
8. For The Greater Good of God
9. Paschendale
10. These Colours Don't Run

Thin line nearly made it. I would have swapped it with Navigator probably.

Longest Day was my first favorite song on AMOLAD, but I quickly grew tired of it. To paraphrase several other posters, the pre-chorus/chorus parts is way too repetitive and long-winded. It is a prime example of the Shirley produced stuff that would benefit from some serious editing (other examples include The Nomad, For the Greater Good of (Good) God (this song never ends), and Thin Line Between Love and Hate). I truly believe there is a great song in there, but unless you lop off about two minutes in this imiganinary 10-song best of the era mix, I cannot in good conscience abide it on my list.

Just keeping it going, Foro...

In no particular order (well, by album actually):

1) The Wicker Man
2) Blood Brothers
3) Out of the Silent Planet
4) Rainmaker
5) No More Lies
6) Paschen(fucking)dale
7) Dance of Death
8) These Colours Don't Run
9) Out of Shadows
10) Brighter Than a Thousand Suns

The hardest to choose were actually the ones from AMOLAD. Consistent, but nothing life-changing, except perhaps Out of the Shadows. And even though I said in no particular order, I think The Wicker Man is a very good intro choice ^^.
This was a great idea, I now have a pretty awesome playlist and by the end of the day I might have a really fantastic one for all of Maidens career.

Brave New World
The Thin Line Between Love And Hate
Blood Brothers
Dream Of Mirrors

Dance of Death
Paschendale
Face In The Sand

Lord Of Light
The Legacy
For The Greater Good Of God

GAME ON

If you've already voted. Then you can't change your vote as of this post. If you haven't voted. You got a little time.

The poll will start once every thread has been added up. They take a little while to add. Anyone want to help?

As of right now.

1. Paschendale 27
2. The Wicker Man 22
3. Dance of Death 21
4. Brave New World 19
5. Brighter Then A Thousand Suns 17
6. Rainmaker 17
7. The Legacy 16
8. These Colours Don’t Run 14
9. Blood Brothers 14
10. For the Greater Good of God 12

Some songs that may still have a chance.    ((Personally I'd take any of the songs below, over For The Greater Good of God))

Ghost of the Navigator 11
Dream of Mirrors 11
Lord of Light 11
Face In the Sand 11
The Reincarnation of Ben Breeg 10
The Thin Line Between Love And hate 9
The Longest Day 8

Hmm I might have to take back what I said about For the Greater Good of God. On it's own, it's not that great.

But if you take the top 10 songs and arrange them like this:

1. The Wicker Man
2. Brave New World
3. Brighter Then A Thousand Suns
4. Blood Brothers
5. Dance of Death
6. Rainmaker
7. These Colours Don’t Run
8. Paschendale
9. For The Greater Good of God

10. The Legacy

Well that's pretty powerful.

These Colours Don't Run, Pashendale, For The Greater Good of God and then ending with The Legacy

Having those 4 back to back almost tell a story.

These Colours Don't Run: Starts the Story with a young man falling for Propaganda. The Adventures of War!
Paschendale: He soon realizes the reality of war, the horror of it.
For The Greater Good of God: The war is over. Back home. Reflecting. Older and Wiser. Look at all the wars.. Look at what people have done in the name of God. Why?
The Legacy: Ends the story with a statement/warning. Humanity is corrupted. People are selfish. Greedy. 

All 4 of those songs all of a sudden become more than just a song. They become an essential part of a story. I think they begin to be worth more than the sum of their parts.

On their own, FTGGOG and These Colours Don't Run, are not that impressive to me. But arranged in that order. Telling that story.  Well I think they would almost be worth keeping.
Foro,  you were thinking Lord or Ghost, While I was thinking  Dream or Face.  :lol:

1. Paschendale (to make everyone happy because personally, I'm not a huge fan of the song)
2. The Wicker Man
3. Dance of Death
4. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
5. Brave New World
6. The Longest Day
7. Blood Brothers
8. No More Lies
9. Rainmaker
10. The Legacy

Wickerman
Rainmaker
Brave New World
These Colours Don't Run
Longest Day
Different World

Paschendale
No More Lies
Blood Brothers
Dream of Mirrors

My God is that a killer album.

Toughest cut was the Legacy

1. The Wicker Man
2. These Colours Don't Run
3. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
4. Blood Brothers
5. Dance of Death
6. Rainmaker
7. Paschendale
8. The Longest Day
9. Dream of Mirrors
10. Journeyman

This was difficult. Ghost of the Navigator was the second song on this "album", but it went when I put in Journeyman. Also, I wanted at least three songs of each album, and it has to be less then 80 mins. :S

Back