Pearl Jam

Lampwick 43

Barstool Warrior
Another great band with no thread. For shame, Maidenfans. Anyways, They have just announced their new studio album, Gigaton, will be out March 27, along with 2020 North American tour dates.

Pearl Jam 2020 North American Tour Dates
March 18 – Toronto, Ontario @ Scotiabank Arena
March 20 – Ottawa, Ontario @ Canadian Tire Centre
March 22 – Quebec City, Quebec @ Videotron Centre
March 24 – Hamilton, Ontario @ FirstOntario Centre
March 28 – Baltimore, Md. @ Royal Farms Arena
March 30 – New York, N.Y. @ Madison Square Garden
April 02 – Nashville, Tenn. @ Bridgestone Arena
April 04 – St. Louis, Mo. @ Enterprise Center
April 06 – Oklahoma City, Okla. @ Chesapeake Energy Arena
April 09 – Denver, Colo. @ Pepsi Center
April 11 – Phoenix, Ariz. @ Gila River Arena
April 13 – San Diego, Calif. @ Viejas Arena
April 15 – Los Angeles, Calif. @ The Forum
April 16 – Los Angeles, Calif. @ The Forum
April 18 – Oakland, Calif. @ Oakland Arena
April 19 – Oakland, Calif. @ Oakland Arena

I'm strongly considering the St. Louis show. It's on a Saturday, and I have a buddy who lives in that city who would probably let me crash at his place for the night.

And another new song:

Based on these 2 songs, this seems like it might be a bit of a different, more experimental kind of album, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

And now yet another new song. This is my favorite of the 3 that have been released so far. The full album will be out officially on Friday. :D

I've spin (spun, span?) the new album today, but I really need a couple of more listens to pin it down. However, I can comment on the 3 songs I've heard upon the release:

Dance of the Clairvoyants - It's different. Although Eddie's voice is all over the place on this one, I must say it sparked a curiosity how this album was sound. It did seem they've taken a whole new approach and then came...

Superblood Wolfmoon - ...and this one is just dumb. Different can be interesting, dumb can just be dumb.

Who Ever Said - Album opener and exactly what I would expect from them if I didn't heard the previous two. It's got catchy tune, melodic verses, good bridge, classic chorus. At this point in their career I don't expect they whip out new "Ten" but more of this, please, would be nice. From what I gathered there are more songs like Who Ever Said than the previous two on the album and that keeps me optimistic.

I've listened to the album a couple times, and I hate to say it, but I don't love it. The first half is pretty strong, but the second half has some real clunkers. Buckle Up immediately comes to mind as something that I'd rather not have to listen to again. I hope the album will grow on me overall after some more listens.

Back