PAUL DI'ANNO To Fan: 'If You Like BRUCE DICKINSON, Go Home And Listen To His Records'

While Paul made a nice contribution to Maiden, he is not, nor has he ever been a pro.
There is a reason Maiden is where it is. And there is a reason Paul is where he is.

While Paul made a nice contribution to Maiden, he is not, nor has he ever been a pro.
There is a reason Maiden is where it is. And there is a reason Paul is where he is.
This is exactly true. Paul isn't a pro. He's a guy who plays pubs. Bruce is a pro.

I agree that homophobic insults are just wrong - and increasingly, more and more people say so. As for the rest of it, getting angry? I'd be furious too. Can't read the name on the fucking bill? But that was wrong.

I agree that homophobic insults are just wrong

My favorite idiotic homophobic insult was from the Iron Sheik (pro wrestler), who once uttered during a loud argument (spoilered for the easily offended, it's pretty NC-17):

"I'll fuck your ass, you faggot!"

He threatened to sodomize the guy at least another half dozen times, punctuating them with the occasional slur. That pretty much ended the fight as everyone kind of scratched their heads and realized that the only person on whom the irony was lost was the Iron Sheik himself. I laughed out loud at that one.

I agree, they both were wrong. Though i heard a few "I'm sorry" from the "fan".

Funny bit: he couldn't raise the mic stand. (lol)

Sometimes it seems as though Paul can really still sing but he chooses not to and instead just grunts/growls far too fast.
Why not just sing the damn songs the way he did on the albums? I think he still could if he could be bothered to try.
As for this outburst, it probably happens all the time and you can see it genuninely gets to him when people bring up Bruce. Dumabass fan but Paul doesn't handle it well at all.
One day he'll be talking about how he has no grudges towards IM but you can still see that's bullshit.

As for the punk references - do you think he has seen the Metal Evolution doc where Steve Harris repeatedly says how much he hates punk?!

Very well put, I love what Paul did in Maiden, but there is no possible way they would have done what they did with him as the singer. I have no problem with Paul touring on the Maiden material, there are certainly some people that would want to hear this, despite how bad he sounds now, I would still be game to see him singing the Maiden tunes since I arrived to Maiden-dom a few years to late to see it myself.

The guy is all over the map with his praise/hatred towards Maiden, to all the different sorts of bands/records he put out post Maiden musically.

When I think of post-Maiden Di'Anno, I'll just try to constrict this to his Killers album called Murder One from 1992, which is of the same level as the best thing any other Maiden (ex or current) member has ever done.

Regardless of his behaviour people keep complaining about, it would be wise to check it out, since it's an awesome metal record with high quality songwriting, guitar work and singing!

You're welcome. Apart from its single ("Children of the Revolution", a cover of the T. Rex classic) and a not too special cover of Remember Tomorrow, the album is full of varied strong material, sometimes reminiscent of Painkiller-era Priest.

When I think of post-Maiden Di'Anno, I'll just try to constrict this to his Killers album called Murder One from 1992, which is of the same level as the best thing any other Maiden (ex or current) member has ever done.

Regardless of his behaviour people keep complaining about, it would be wise to check it out, since it's an awesome metal record with high quality songwriting, guitar work and singing!
I can't even find it used on Amazon.co.uk o_O. That has never happened before.

Edit: It's on the US edition. I think Ill buy it after Christmas.

I remember I had to order it via internet in the early nineties (a friend did that for me, I didn't even have internet in those days), so back then it was also not easy to get.

One minute this guy is calling Bruce the best singer IM has ever had, then he's still friends with all of them....saying Steve and Bruce were looking for him to hang out when he lived in Brazil. Then he pulls this crap to get a shock out of his crowd.....calling Bruce gay. This guy has no class or integrity. And BTW Paul, Iron Maiden was never a punk band, nor was it ever intended to be.

One minute this guy is calling Bruce the best singer IM has ever had, then he's still friends with all of them....saying Steve and Bruce were looking for him to hang out when he lived in Brazil. Then he pulls this crap to get a shock out of his crowd.....calling Bruce gay. This guy has no class or integrity. And BTW Paul, Iron Maiden was never a punk band, nor was it ever intended to be.
Paul threatened the fans (kinda) that didn't clear his way off the stage when I saw him three weeks ago. Waved his closed fists at them and said something like "don't come closer or I'll punch you". Dude was, though, ready to burst of exhaustion (limping on a cane) but acting like a f*cktard is typical Paul you know?

Agreed the fan wasn't really making for a positive reception with the Bruce shout, and tbh at first it looked like Paul was just trying to have a laugh... at first, the things like "If you wanna listen to him go home and listen to his songs" was expressed in a fairly casual way. But he quickly went downhill, "I'm not gay", "you gay fucking f-----t", "I'll rip off your head and shit down your neck" etc... simply unacceptable behaviour for someone in his position. When they started going into Running Free the gestures he was constantly making he was now seeming extremely angry, far different from how he seemed to be at the start.

Other than his behaviour, I don't see how operatic singing is any easier than punk singing? If anything I'd say it's the other way round. Phantom of the Opera at the start I couldn't tell a single word he was saying. As we all know and many have said.. Maiden were never punk even if there was a punk element to Paul's singing, they hated being lumped in with punk.

He pretty much comes under the 'cabaret' act description with his touring playing Maiden tunes given he hasn't been in the band for over 30 years now, and the general idea of him touring with the advert of playing only Maiden tunes seems very odd to me. I don't think I'd be wanting to see him perform Maiden material regardless of me having not seen him do it, because the rest of the band is different AND he can't even sing it himself. It'd be like if Axl Rose left GnR and got replaced by someone else, but they kept touring called GnR... you're basically seeing a cover band. His voice is so bad right now he doesn't even sound like he's capable of covering himself.

"Excuse me, I don't like Iron Maiden!" :D
Seriously, do some people just consider the heckling and the resulting threats and abuse all part of a good night's entertainment?

That's just bizarre tbh.. I mean isn't the entire basis of the tour performing old maiden songs?

Performance wise it wasn't too bad until he got to the "Out of the FIIIIIRRRRREEEE", that sounded horrible to me.

Back