Paris 2024 Olympics

Agreed but Kerr lost it :(

It's a case study this race as Kerr relaxed after he surpassed Ingebritsen and lost it from Cole Hocker coming from inside. So another possible arrogance here gets punished.

Another nice video for the race, from the great running channel Total Running Productions... This guy is doing a phenomenal job, when I start to follow him he was at ~100k subscriptions and now he has north of 700k!

Not sure Kerr had anything left in the tank, as he did run a PB and new national record yesterday.

Tomorrow TODAY is the day I’ve been waiting for. I don’t think anyone of Kipchoge or Bekele will take the gold, but even a place on the podium for either would be out of this world with ages 39 and 41 years old respectively.
I hope the weather will be good, cloudy and as fresh as possible.

Such great legends. I’m particularly touched by Bekele’s come back from rock bottom last year and making it to Ethiopian marathon team (3 athletes in total)

Last edited:

Heh, just now I found out they have Frusciante back in the band. I actually used to be a huge fan of their Blood Sugar (1991) to Stadium Arcadium (2006) streak, especially the By the Way album is definitely underrated - a nice 60s/poppy psychedelia throwback that just emanates the Californian sun - but I kinda left them behind around 2013 or so, when I realised that's never coming back again. Back in the day I literally went out and both Stadium Arcadium when it came out with my pocket money... and I realise that's been 18 years ago.

I have absolutely no idea how they might sound live, I'd expect the Flea-Smith rhythm section probably didn't get any less solid over time, whether Kiedis has gotten any more obnoxious, I don't know.

Haha, I think de had, Hocker broke his PB by a 3 whopping seconds!

Some performances have been surprising. Let’s hope everyone was running clean.

Seeing the England 4x100m female team being awarded their Commonwealth Championship 2022 medal at the London Athletics Meet in 2024 following the disqualification of Nigeria for doping was bittersweet.

Some performances have been surprising. Let’s hope everyone was running clean.

Ghost, don't be naive, nobody is running clean at this level.
Though myself, I don't see anything significant about it. What means clean? It's not like you magically being transformed with performance enhancing drugs, you still need to put mega effort, consistency and dedication. In the end the best wins.

Ghost, don't be naive, nobody is running clean at this level.
Though myself, I don't see anything significant about it. What means clean? It's not like you magically being transformed with performance enhancing drugs, you still need to put mega effort, consistency and dedication. In the end the best wins.

I’d like to think most athletes run clean (i.e., do not take banned substances) and are there after years of sacrifices and hard work rather than some yet to be detected cocktail of drugs like, let’s say, Marion Jones. Sadly, that is not always the case.

On the other hand, Ben Johnson was indeed the fastest man in Seoul in 1988. And Carl Lewis a massive hypocrite, who failed three drug tests in the USA trials that year and was allowed to compete by his home country authorities, who hid many cases like his in the 80s and 90s.

Last edited:
On the other hand, Ben Johnson was indeed the fastest man in Seoul in 1988. And Carl Lewis a massive hypocrite, who failed three drug tests in the USA trials that year and was allowed to compete by his home country authorities, who hid many cases like his in the 80s and 90s.

Ben Johnson was the scape goat as in that field in Seul, all or all but one were drugged.
Marion Jones was unlucky (it's mentioned in the video above). Carl Lewis is a disgusted person. At least he should have the decency to not smearing others publicly like if he were honest and clean.
Usain Bolt was that person; never smeared others and even in the middle of his rivalry with Gatlin who was an easy target due to prior conviction, he was a gentleman.

About the final stretch shove during women’s marathon.
I didn’t like what Hasan did it took some beauty off the race.

Back